Author Topic: Friday, April 28, 2017  (Read 1075 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Friday, April 28, 2017
« on: April 28, 2017, 07:04:21 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!!
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Friday, April 28, 2017
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 07:16:54 AM »
Hello to all who may join us today!

It's FRIDAY!!!  The weekend is upon us!  Yay!  We are trying to figure out our plans.  Hubs is home, but we haven't had a lot of time to discuss what we are doing.

Right now, the basic plan is tonight going to a birthday celebration for one of his co-workers.  Hope to just make a quick stop there and not stay too late.

Tomorrow we are going to our college son's double header.  Sunday is their last regular season game, but we can't go to that one, so we will make the drive to the games tomorrow.  It is a longer drive, almost to Chicago, but it's the ones that we can go to, so we will make the drive.

Sunday hubby is receiving an award for his work, and the awards ceremony is in a town about an hour away from here.  We will go to that, and then, if it's not real late, will head up to see my parents for a little bit. (about another hour from there)  Mom had hip replacement, and it would be good to stop in and check on them. 

Hopefully all our plans will fall into place. 
Of course, what we really need to be doing is yard work!  I guess it will be there when we get to it!  They were saying it would be raining all of yesterday, and most of the weekend.  Nothing much as of yet, so maybe they will be wrong.  No telling!  The cold front has moved in, so it is quite chilly and will be for days.  I had turned the furnace off, so now instead of turning it back on, I have a small space heater keeping me warmed up for now.  Hopefully that will be able to take care of what we need until fall!

Not much for me today.  Need to run a few errands, and then put together a gift for the get together tonight.  Will need to have things together for tomorrow as well, because we will need to leave quite early in the morning.

Hope you all have great things planned for your day and weekend!  Would love to hear from you!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Re: Friday, April 28, 2017
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 10:45:45 AM »
Good Morning,

I'm here and I had a rough evening last night with a lot of coughing. So much so that my throat was irritated from the cough and not even from a sore throat.  I finally took a couple of cold pills and some Cepacol sore throat lozenges. That helped a lot. Then my nose was plugged up so I found a non-addicting nasal spray in the medicine cabinet that I had a while ago and then that helped. Then I loaded my chest and nostrils with vicks and went to bed. I slept pretty well. This morning my chest felt a bit heavy like there's a lot of congestion and I'm still coughing but not as much. I'll keep using what I've been doing for a few days and maybe it will all go away.

Hubby has been making some simple crockpot meals for us but tonight I have to cook the pork roast into a smoked pulled pork. I might do some homemade french fries or a baked potato. Maybe a simple salad to go with it.

I really need to get a few groceries but my budget is not feeling it right now. We got all the IRS trouble taken care of (COSTLY!) and the renovations and now the pocket book is feeling the strain. I think it will only be essentials right now. I wanted a new grill this year but what's another year. I can still start it with the clicker and as for the flavorizing bars that fell through, I've used the grill and it works fine so I'm not sure how necessary they are.

Ah, a weekend. It is going to be a chilly one here so I doubt we can do too much outside. Maybe we can look at flowers but can't buy them just yet.  I love spring with all the pretty flowers and plants and herbs. Maybe I should go look for pots and such as resale stores and paint them or some other outdoorsy decoration. I would like to add a pop of color to my front yard. I don't think shopping for stuff like that is my hubby's thing but he might go with me just to go with me!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats