Author Topic: Monday, May 8, 2017  (Read 1026 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Monday, May 8, 2017
« on: May 08, 2017, 07:00:40 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!!

Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Re: Monday, May 8, 2017
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 07:12:34 AM »
Good morning, Pam,

We had a very rough week last week and our stress levels were sky high. The weekend was a bit better. We tried desperately to be calm and quiet and get some rest. I'm not sure "it" is over yet but trying to get some rest as we wait is important.

It's a new week and its also the last week of school for my two kids and then a week of exams and then graduation. It will be a difficult couple of weeks for all of us as they get through finals and then we get them all moved back home.  Our son is looking for a full time job for after graduation but he also has been summoned for jury duty in early June.

We had really slim (almost none) meals last week. My stomach was so upset all week that I couldn't eat and so I didn't cook either. I tried on Sunday but it was just OK. I have to do better this week.

We haven't walked much either as I was not feeling well and the weather was cold. We did do some short walks on Sat. and Sun. but the wind was so cold.  I can say that some of the inclines weren't as hard though so I must have kept some of the training during my down days. I even suggested we go a little more at one point because I wasn't ready to quit. The goal is to keep trying.

That is all for me.
Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 07:25:15 AM »
Hello Ladies!

Hope to see some of you here today.  Good to see you Alice!  I pray you can get through whatever it is you are struggling with, and that it will all work out sooner than later! 

It has been a full few days.  We went up north on Wednesday to Mackinac Island.  It was a long but fun few days.  We came home Friday late. 

Saturday was a lot of things around the house, and then we went to the minor league baseball game with our son and his friends to celebrate his birthday.  We were in a suite, and I was glad for that, because it was quite chilly out!

Yesterday, was a more laid back day.  Just trying to play catch up on some things around here after church.  We did take some time to go for a walk.  I need to get back into the habit of walking daily. 

My biggest focus right now is getting back to my goal weight.  :P  I weighed in on Wednesday for May, and was right on the dot to be free for the month.  Problem is, that Mack Isle was a total feast fest! -- I came home, and had gained 7 (yes seven!!) pounds!!!  :o  I know a lot of that is temporary water weight, but man, getting that all off is going to be a challenge.  Why oh why do I play this game with myself????  It is a monthly battle for me. 

Today - I need to finish up making some creamy taco pasta salad to take with us to son's baseball game.  They are in the playoffs!  They were the number 8 seed (out of 8), and they beat the number one seed their first game.  That was exciting.  They lost their 2nd game.  Now they play this afternoon (5:30) in Chicago.  We are going since we couldn't go to the first two.  If they win, they play immediately following this game.  Oh my!  That would start probably around 8:30 our time, and whenever it is over, we have a 3 1/2 hour drive home.   :o  We are picking up his girlfriend on the way so she can come along. We have a long long day ahead whether they win or lose.  But, we are glad we are able to be there.

So, that is about it for me.  I need to get around and make sure we have what we need to take with us this afternoon!
Hope to hear from some of you today!!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 08:59:52 AM »
Good morning!

This week will be different than my usual because Nathan doesn't have kindergarten.  They're doing the end of year assessments so no school for him.  His appointment is today at 11, so we'll get that out of the way and have the rest of the week to play. :)

Today I need to pick up the house (it's a disaster everywhere!) and laundry.  Those two alone will take most of my day.  I also want to finish weeding one of the flower beds and get some flowers planted and mulch spread.  I need to get the lawn mower out and look it over so we can mow the lawn.  I also want to do something fun with Nathan--not sure what yet.  Maybe the library.

Dinner tonight is huli huli chicken, hawaiian macaroni salad, rice, green salad and fruit.

Merilee