Author Topic: Thursday, May 18, 2017  (Read 1523 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Thursday, May 18, 2017
« on: May 18, 2017, 08:00:31 AM »
Good morning!

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Thursday, May 18, 2017
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 08:06:03 AM »
Good morning!

Yesterday we had SNOW!  A couple of inches fell overnight and when I took Jordan to school for early morning football workouts, it was snowing hard.  It was all gone by lunchtime! :)

Today it's pretty chilly.  Temperatures aren't going to get much higher than the 50s.

Yesterday I got the family room/playroom tidied and vacuumed.  Also got the living room cleared and the floor vacuumed.  Today I want to dust the furniture and get the containers emptied.  I've also got laundry to do.  I need to balance the checkbook and see if there are any bills that need to be paid.  I'm also going to work on the menu for our vacation.  We leave next Saturday the 27th.  We're renting a condo for a week so we will have a kitchen and can cook our own meals.  My plan is to make whatever I can ahead of time and freeze, then we'll pack it all into a cooler. 

Tonight is soccer practice if it's not too cold/rainy.

Merilee

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 08:29:19 AM »
Good Morning.

Merilee, are you out in Utah? Another blogger friend from Utah said he mowed his lawn on Tuesday and on Wednesday had a couple of inches of snow and was throwing snowballs!

We are having a windy and warm day today (warm just like yesterday) 80 degrees. A little unusual for mid-May to have such warm temps. but better than cold weather. It is going to get a little cooler by tomorrow and last for a while so that will be nice.

Got daughter moved back home last night with a TON OF STUFF. Luckily I froze a pizza from earlier this week so we could just pop it into the oven or we might not have had dinner. Tonight is grilled chicken and maybe pasta with alfredo.  She came home from her apartment with a lot of unused canned and packaged foods so my pantry is full.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 08:54:57 AM »
Good morning.

It is a hot and humid day, but I can't imagine what it would be like to deal with snow in mid-May!  I don't know if I could take it.  The older I get the harder it is to stand the heat and cold.  The humidity here just saps me, and about all I want to do is sit around sipping ice water.

We need to get the rest of the garden planted, but the tiller needs some work and finances are so very tight right now.  I honestly don't know if we will plant any more or not.  I sure will miss being able to walk outside and gather enough fresh food for a meal.  I need tomatoes!  I think I could live off them every summer.

Well, guess I need to get busy.  I need to leave in a couple of hours to drive Emily to art.  Have a good day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 09:44:39 AM »
Good Morning.

Merilee, are you out in Utah? Another blogger friend from Utah said he mowed his lawn on Tuesday and on Wednesday had a couple of inches of snow and was throwing snowballs!

Alice

Yep, that's where I am.  It's not *that* unusual to have late spring snowstorms.  I grew up here in Utah and remember a few last-day-of-school-at-the-end-of-May snowstorms.  It's usually pretty heavy and wet so melts quickly.  We've been in drought conditions for a couple of years now so it's a novelty. :)

Who's the blogger?  I'd like to check the blog out.

Merilee

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 09:50:00 AM »
thatdadblog.com

He is a dad with a beautiful family including one with Down Syndrome.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats