Author Topic: Friday, May 19, 2017  (Read 908 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Friday, May 19, 2017
« on: May 19, 2017, 07:05:59 AM »
Happy Friday, everyone!

It has been a long week. Just a lot of busy going on. Will continue until Saturday night but all good things.

The weather has really cooled off this morning. We had to close the windows and wear a light jacket out this morning. No shorts today and I'm wearing short sleeved shirt but wish I had a sweater. It will only get up to 60s today with 60% chance for rain. Not really pleasant but we do need a bit of rain.

Hubby did all the laundry yesterday of youngest daughter's dirty laundry from moving back home. He hung it all on the clothesline but it was so windy I thought I would come home from work to find laundry all over the yard! Only one piece, a bed sheet, was hanging by one clothespin so I quickly got everything down and folded and put away. It smelled so wonderful. She's now all unpacked and things put into storage and it looks fairly clean around the house. She's studying abroad in Italy next semester so many things will stay put in storage for a while.

I even had time to grill chicken and make rice to go with it last night. I expected three of us but daughter went to work and then went to see friends before they all go home for the summer, all over the US and world. We then went for our evening walk and hubby likes to find new routes to take and this one was 4.1 miles and it was a nice route. He's trying to build my endurance and I have to say it wasn't difficult! We even went up hills and I was able to handle that! It's actually exciting that I can do this! I have the pacer free app on my phone and wear a gunny sack so it sits on my backside instead of on my front side. I like it that way.

Tonight the family at home gets leftovers and son and I will be having a parents/grad picnic so that should be fun. Graduation tomorrow with a family dinner out. I hope Sunday will be a day of rest and worship.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Friday, May 19, 2017
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 08:32:31 AM »
Hi Alice!

I have been MIA, because my laptop decided to shut down and need repair last week.  We have a guy who does our computer work for us, and between his schedule and ours, it took forever (about a week) to get it back and running.  I didn't have access to here on any other device, so that's where I was.  I got a bit of a scare, because at one point, he said "I'm worried that the hard drive is fried"  YIKES!!  I was so worried that I was going to lose all of my photos.  We have a portable hard drive, but I don't put my photos on that often enough.  That is what I will be doing next!  So glad all is okay with that.

We are meeting up with friends this afternoon and going to an event downtown.  Nothing major, but will be fun to spend some time with friends.  Hubs is back on the road tomorrow.  I hate when he has to be out of town on the weekends.  Especially Sundays, but it is what it is, and we are happy he has a job!  I think he's gone until Tuesday, but possibly Wednesday.  I think something had come up that made it Wednesday, but I can't remember.  Will have to get an update from him before he goes!

Thursday we are headed up north for Memorial Day weekend.  It will be nice to have some time together.  We will be home Monday, and then our son and fiancee are coming on Wednesday.  So next week I will be doing prep for their visit.  I don't want to have that on my mind while we are gone!

Hope everyone has been well.  Missed you!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25