The Hearth > Managing a Household

Tuesday. October 8, 2013

(1/2) > >>

wrancher:
Good Morning

wrancher:
Well we have had sunshine and it is to be around 68 today.  That will definitely help peoples attitudes gathering their cattle that have drifted in the snowstorm sometimes 1=2 miles. It is horrible to drive around and see all the dead cattle. Our neighbors lost huge amounts. The stories you hear are heart wrenching. Some people lost their entire herds/ Just think of your money to pay your loans was completely wiped out and you had nothing left. Some people lost 50% of their livelihood when you think about it. We are all just weeks away from selling our calf crops. People needed this money for payments and living for a year. It is just so sad.  You really dont want to see pictures it will make your stomach sick, We will all make it. We are ranchers for heavens sake. I read a neat sign on pintrest the other day / When GOD was looking for a caretaker, He created a RANCHER. So fitting. Today is catching up and taking DS to eye dr at 8. I got my freezer in yesterday and brought my meat home from the locker plant. That feels so awesome. I really want to do deep house cleaning

Have a great day and say a prayer

Janice

MoWin:
Good morning,

Janice, I am so sorry for your area. It is a good thing that ranchers/people from SD are tough, because they are going to need that toughness to bounce back. I'll continue to be praying for  your area.

It should be a nice day here. It is already at 61*. I enjoy these nice fall days.

I am feeling nauseous this morning. I got up feeling like that and thought I just needed to eat. Well, I ate 2 scrambled eggs and sausage, but still feel a little queasy. I hope it passes soon. I hate having tummy issues.

Tomorrow is MIL's 84th birthday. I plan to finish the pair of fingerless gloves I am working on today. Kevin and I will run up in the morning and spend a little extra time with her. She is getting very feeble.

I have apples drying. They should be done about noon, then I will put on more. The apples around here are really good this year. I kept taking a bite yesterday while prepping them.  :D

You all have a good day.

Blessings,
Winona

Shelly:
Janice - It is heart wrenching and it must feel so unfair and extremely stressful.  I will continue to pray for your area.

Winona - I hear ya on the tummy issues.  With these daily chronic migraines I'm getting, nausea is there a lot and it's so awful.  I hope you feel better soon!

Good morning all!

I was up late last night and up early this morning, so I'm a bit of a mombie (mom-zombie) this morning.  I can hear the kids waking above me as I type, so it's about to get chaotic in here too.  Never a dull moment.  :D  The kids have a playdate this morning, and I'd like to work on fall cleaning the kitchen today.  I haven't made up a list yet, so it's been a bit slow going this morning.  I work so much more efficiently with lists.

No idea on dinner tonight either.  I need to get my act together.  ;D

Have a great one, ladies!

Andrea G:
Good morning!

We finally have some sunshine today. I want to do some outdoor work today.  I will pull out some plants in the garden, and I want to dig up my stevia plants and bring them indoors.  We are supposed to get frost tonight.  I also need to deep clean the bathroom, which I didn't get to yesterday.

Janice, I am continuing to pray for you and your area.  How devastating that storm was.

Winona, I hope you are feeling better soon.

Shelly, have fun at you play date, hope you find time for a nap sometime today.

I hope everyone has a great day! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version