Author Topic: Tuesday. October 8, 2013  (Read 1681 times)

Offline wrancher

Tuesday. October 8, 2013
« on: October 08, 2013, 06:14:45 AM »
Good Morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Tuesday. October 8, 2013
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 06:31:39 AM »
Well we have had sunshine and it is to be around 68 today.  That will definitely help peoples attitudes gathering their cattle that have drifted in the snowstorm sometimes 1=2 miles. It is horrible to drive around and see all the dead cattle. Our neighbors lost huge amounts. The stories you hear are heart wrenching. Some people lost their entire herds/ Just think of your money to pay your loans was completely wiped out and you had nothing left. Some people lost 50% of their livelihood when you think about it. We are all just weeks away from selling our calf crops. People needed this money for payments and living for a year. It is just so sad.  You really dont want to see pictures it will make your stomach sick, We will all make it. We are ranchers for heavens sake. I read a neat sign on pintrest the other day / When GOD was looking for a caretaker, He created a RANCHER. So fitting. Today is catching up and taking DS to eye dr at 8. I got my freezer in yesterday and brought my meat home from the locker plant. That feels so awesome. I really want to do deep house cleaning

Have a great day and say a prayer

Janice

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 07:53:03 AM »
Good morning,

Janice, I am so sorry for your area. It is a good thing that ranchers/people from SD are tough, because they are going to need that toughness to bounce back. I'll continue to be praying for  your area.

It should be a nice day here. It is already at 61*. I enjoy these nice fall days.

I am feeling nauseous this morning. I got up feeling like that and thought I just needed to eat. Well, I ate 2 scrambled eggs and sausage, but still feel a little queasy. I hope it passes soon. I hate having tummy issues.

Tomorrow is MIL's 84th birthday. I plan to finish the pair of fingerless gloves I am working on today. Kevin and I will run up in the morning and spend a little extra time with her. She is getting very feeble.

I have apples drying. They should be done about noon, then I will put on more. The apples around here are really good this year. I kept taking a bite yesterday while prepping them.  :D

You all have a good day.

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline Shelly

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 08:21:28 AM »
Janice - It is heart wrenching and it must feel so unfair and extremely stressful.  I will continue to pray for your area.

Winona - I hear ya on the tummy issues.  With these daily chronic migraines I'm getting, nausea is there a lot and it's so awful.  I hope you feel better soon!

Good morning all!

I was up late last night and up early this morning, so I'm a bit of a mombie (mom-zombie) this morning.  I can hear the kids waking above me as I type, so it's about to get chaotic in here too.  Never a dull moment.  :D  The kids have a playdate this morning, and I'd like to work on fall cleaning the kitchen today.  I haven't made up a list yet, so it's been a bit slow going this morning.  I work so much more efficiently with lists.

No idea on dinner tonight either.  I need to get my act together.  ;D

Have a great one, ladies!
Wife to Trevor for 16 years and SAHM to Maisie (4) Liam (4) Aedric (1) Harold (1)

Offline Andrea G

• no better thing under the sun
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 08:27:24 AM »
Good morning!

We finally have some sunshine today. I want to do some outdoor work today.  I will pull out some plants in the garden, and I want to dig up my stevia plants and bring them indoors.  We are supposed to get frost tonight.  I also need to deep clean the bathroom, which I didn't get to yesterday.

Janice, I am continuing to pray for you and your area.  How devastating that storm was.

Winona, I hope you are feeling better soon.

Shelly, have fun at you play date, hope you find time for a nap sometime today.

I hope everyone has a great day! :)
Loving life in southern Ontario
Wife to David, Mom to Kate, Paul, Matt and Julianne

Offline Rooney

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 10:32:20 AM »
OK so the whole basement has almost been emptied out and still no sign of that snake.  He is very small and I am afraid it will be impossible to find it again.  My fear is that it will find us first and unexpectedly.  :o  So how do you get rid of it if you can't find it? I am thinking maybe some glue traps along the walls? DH is pretty sure that the only way it could have gotten in is through the backdoor through the hole at the bottom of the screen door.  I am freaking out because I really don't even know what kind it is. 

Well anyway today will bring school, trying to finish emptying out the laundry room by actually washing everything left in there.  I am going to try to even wash the material baskets that hold the dirty clothes (they get yucky).  Other than that just cook up either some chicken or roast for tonight.  I might try going through some of the totes looking for winter clothes  for the littles too. :)

Winona, must be something that can be caught through the computer because I was up for about three hours last night with tummy troubles.  I feel better this morning and I hope that you will too. :)

Janice, so sorry about all the troubles in your area. Praying. :)

Shelley, you seem to be getting so much done towards your winter preparedness! :)  Putting me to shame. :)

Andrea, hope you have fun outdoors today. :)