Author Topic: Monday, May 22, 2017  (Read 1534 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Monday, May 22, 2017
« on: May 22, 2017, 07:11:44 AM »
Good Morning,

What a wonderful weekend! Graduation is over and it was a nice afternoon. Since we only had 4 tickets, the grandparents couldn't come so we took them all out for a celebration dinner afterward. I think everyone had a good time. We were home around 8 pm and we were quite tired.

Sunday was a nice day of decompressing and resting after a very long week. I just warmed up leftovers from the week and everyone got to choose what they wanted. I also think everyone was satisfied with their meals. I had made a pot of minestrone soup for Saturday before graduation and it was so good. I need to make that one again.

The kids all moved back home (two of them from apartments) and with them came a lot of pantry items and refrigerated items. I don't think I'll have to buy pantry stuff all summer. So that brings us to meal plans for the summer. With everything they brought and stuff in the freezer I think we're going to concentrate again on making stuff from what we have on hand. I will need fresh stuff and things like that but for the most part we have so much packed into the pantries! My son brought back rice to last the rest of the year! Some of the stuff was from his roommates who couldn't bring stuff home since they live too far away.

I have to give the kids a lot of credit. They both worked hard on their laundry and packing their stuff away so that the house isn't so cluttered. We have a storage barn and both of them have plastic bins for their apartment stuff all nicely packed away in the barn. Their rooms are nicely cleaned and only needs a vacuum sometime today.

Now our son is looking for a full time job in his field of research. Daughter is taking classes this summer and working before she goes to Italy for her next semester. She is leaving in August so it will be a packed summer for her. Oldest daughter is coming home for the summer in June from her teaching in Honduras. She leaves in August again also. Busy, busy.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Monday, May 22, 2017
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 07:24:13 AM »
Good morning!

It's the last week of school!  Yay!  I'm ready to be done with schedules and homework and just relax with the family!

This week will be busy.  I've got a couple of school events that I'm helping with, preparing for graduation and preparing for vacation.  I'm going to make a list of what needs to be accomplished each day so I get it all done without stressing myself out.

Today's laundry, picking up the house, making vacation and graduation lists, working on the garage, and working on the yard.

I have some chicken in the fridge that I will put in a marinade then seal in a FoodSaver bag.  That will make one of our vacation meals.  I might even do two separate bags.  Depends on how many chicken breasts are in the bag.

Meals this week will be mostly concentrating on clearing out the fridge so I'm not entirely sure what we're going to have. ;)

Have a great day!

Alice, glad you enjoyed graduation.  How nice that you got your pantries/fridge stocked with your kids' leftovers!

Merilee

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 08:04:29 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!

I am back to trying to get into my regularly scheduled programming!  I have been off with not having my computer.  Now that I have it back, I can do my usual updates, checking email and the like, and then get on with my day.

Today I need to plant some flowers that I picked up at the nursery.  My flowers are coming up in my cinder block flower bed, and these are marigolds and few herbs for the openings in the blocks.  It won't take long to get it done.  I thought it was going to rain a little this morning, but looks like not, so will get on that this morning. 
I also picked up a couple of tomato plants that need to be put into large containers. 

Will get that all done, and then I need to color my hair before getting a shower.  The gray is getting a little much!  It's not super noticeable yet except to me, but it is bugging me, so I need to get it done.  Might as well do it this morning and have it done.

Need to pull together a plan to deep clean the house.  Want to get a good plan together so I can make good progress.  I really only need to concentrate on the main floor, the bathrooms, and one bedroom, so not too bad.  Will make that plan/list to let it warm up a little bit more before planting.

Other than those things, not too much for me today.  Will walk later this afternoon.  Hubs is out of town until Tuesday or maybe Wednesday, so I am on my own.  I have some fresh basil to use, so will make a tomato basil pasta for dinner for me. 

Glad you enjoyed graduation Alice!  Sounds like a really nice day.  Your kids sound like they have lots going on!  Busy times!  Enjoy your newly filled pantry!
Merilee - glad you can see the end of the school year tunnel! 

Have a great day all!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 08:26:08 AM »
Good rainy Monday morning!

It sounds as if everyone had a good weekend and is busy, busy, busy!

We mostly stayed home except for going to a couple of stores on Saturday.  My husband built a closet in our bedroom and needed a few things from Lowe's to complete that task.  Finally, after 7 years of the three of us sharing one closet we have one of to ourselves!  Our house was built in 1952 and has been remodeled over the years, and apparently in one of those remodeling phases the closet in the biggest bedroom was removed.  We've been making do with the one huge closet in Emily's room.

Yesterday after church our oldest daughter and grandchildren came over for lunch and stayed for a few hours.  We enjoyed talking while the kids played.

This morning I got up and started laundry, hung it out on the line, and then the rain that we weren't supposed to get until tonight came and soaked everything.  Of course it rained just enough to get my laundry good and wet, then it stopped.  Oh well, I will just have to deal with it.  Complaining won't help at all. :D

My plans for today are to finish the laundry, pay a couple of bills, order a part for my toaster oven, clean up and organize the room we use for storage/homeschool/pantry overflow/crafts.  I brought in a shelving unit from the shed last week and still haven't put it up. 

Well, I need to get a move on.  Glad to see more posts this morning!  I enjoy reading about your days.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Alice

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 08:26:37 AM »
Pam,

I have to say that we took some nice photos at home of my son in his grad gown and only looked at them closely AFTER graduation. My hair looked so gray and I feel so bad I hadn't colored my hair before graduation. I finally did it yesterday but I was a day late and all the photos with my son are of an old gray haired lady. I'm so mad at myself for not making that a priority. My mom looked at the photos and said I looked like her mother! I don't think that was a compliment because I only remember her mom as an old lady.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 08:52:05 AM »
Pam,

I have to say that we took some nice photos at home of my son in his grad gown and only looked at them closely AFTER graduation. My hair looked so gray and I feel so bad I hadn't colored my hair before graduation. I finally did it yesterday but I was a day late and all the photos with my son are of an old gray haired lady. I'm so mad at myself for not making that a priority. My mom looked at the photos and said I looked like her mother! I don't think that was a compliment because I only remember her mom as an old lady.

Alice

Do you know anyone who is good with editing photos?  Maybe they could edit your hair to a color that's close to what you have now?  Then you'll feel better about them.  :)

Offline Alice

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2017, 08:54:10 AM »
I hadn't thought about that. Maybe my kids will know. I'll ask them. Thanks for the advice.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2017, 01:21:20 PM »
I was thinking the same thing about editing/photoshopping the pics.  I would have no idea where to start with that, but maybe your kids will have an idea. 
Maybe it's so easy that one of them will be able to do it themselves!  (I'll hope for that for you! ;))

Glad you got some nice photos either way!  Sometimes we get so caught up in whatever is going on around us, that we forget to take pictures.  Hubs is really good about taking photos on his phone, because he does it so much for work, but he's not so good about sharing them later with me!  I usually have to hound him about it, but they are out there somewhere!  LOL!!

Have a great afternoon and evening!

Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25