Author Topic: Friday, May 26, 2017  (Read 1027 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Friday, May 26, 2017
« on: May 26, 2017, 07:51:22 AM »
Good Morning,

The sun is trying to shine this morning! I hope it can all day long! And I hope it warms up today. It's only 58 right now but should get up to 74 this afternoon. Oh, that would be nice!

It was drizzly, cloudy and cool all day yesterday but we did get a 3.5 mile walk in during the early evening hours. Daughter still has a very bad sore throat and slept the afternoon away. She just came off from a stress-filled semester and moving home, exams, and starting summer classes, I can see that illness has crept in. She's off for a long weekend so I'm hoping this will be the cure for her. I'm feeding and she's eating so that's good. Thankfully, we're not planning on doing anything this weekend.

I haven't made a meal plan for the weekend yet and more than likely we'll just wing it! Someone will probably say something sounds good and then I can go through the freezer or pantry looking to see if I have what they want. I think the only meats are chicken and ground beef and there is lots you can make from those two meats so this should be easy.

I hope you all have a nice long holiday weekend!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Cheryl

Re: Friday, May 26, 2017
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 09:22:05 AM »
Good morning, Alice & everyone.

I am babysitting the grands today.  My grandson has autism and doesn't like to go outside very much so I will need to find something to occupy him indoors.

I am so tired.  My cats keep me up and down several times throughout the night.  We shut them out of the bedroom, except for our oldest one, and another one scratches on the door and meows until I get up.  Sometimes he wants fed, but mostly he just wants human contact.  It probably sounds bad, but I am to the point where I wish they had their own house!  They've always been indoor cats so I can't just put them out to fend for themselves. 

We don't have big plans for the weekend.  We'll probably stay home and work in the yard and garden.  I may start painting my closet door and our bedroom.  I found two partial gallons of leftover paint and will mix them to make a new color.  It will save money and use up what we already have. ;)

Hope you all have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 09:26:53 AM »
Oh, Cheryl, so sorry about the naughty cats.

I have two cats and I'm wondering if yours get enough stimulation during the day. Some play time right before bedtime to tire them out. We are bad parents and let the cats sleep with us. Only one does but the other one comes to wake us up every morning by walking on the headboard. She doesn't make a sound but just stares at us. Neither one actually make noise to wake us up unless one gets sick and vomits during the night. We just love our "babies" so much! I could never put ours out either for the night or forever.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 01:33:36 PM »
Alice, we have 4 indoor cats.  Our oldest one is 14.  She is the only one we let sleep with us.  The other three have run of the house.  One usually sleeps in the living room, one sleeps with Emily, and the other apparently sleeps right outside my bedroom door.  He's there every time I get up during the night.  I think he views me as his mother.  Seriously.  He is one we raised on a bottle, and he is so needy.  He wants held constantly.  I really love my cats, but they test my patience at times.  We have one that has issues going to the bathroom outside the litter box, and that's getting old fast!  We have taken her to the vet so many times for this but it doesn't make a difference.  She has seen at least 4 different vets, and the general consensus is she is just doing this because she wants to.  She sees something outside, she sprays.  Another cat walks past her, she gets mad and sprays.  If I go outside and stay out for a while, she sprays. It has gotten to the point where I have to sneak out the side door so she doesn't see me leave the house! 

This might sound silly, but they are really stressing me out.  I am open to any suggestions on what to do.  I have been researching outdoor enclosures as a solution, at least part time.  I know they couldn't live in one, but even a few hours a day would be a nice break.  I feel like I'm constantly cleaning up after Lily.  I don't think I can modify her behavior, and that adds to my frustration.  Help!! :(
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn