Author Topic: Monday, June 5, 2017  (Read 988 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Monday, June 5, 2017
« on: June 05, 2017, 07:15:07 AM »
Good morning!

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Monday, June 5, 2017
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 07:24:18 AM »
Good morning, homemaker friends!

I'm back from vacation!  We went to California and Disneyland!  It was a fabulous trip and we had a wonderful time.  The only downside was that we got sick!  It was a temporary tummy bug and we were all OK the next day so we still had a great time.  It was Alex and Nathan's first time, and at 8 and 6, they were the perfect age to enjoy the magic while still being able to handle the lines and all the walking.  Mostly.  We did plan to take a break of several hours in the afternoon then go back for the evening.  That helped a lot.

Christie is now graduated!  The ceremony was lovely and we had a great party with our family. 

School is out for everyone so it's time for the summer fun!  I am planning to do what I'm calling Mommy Camp--each week will have a theme and I will plan an hour or two of fun activities related to that theme.  We will also have things we do each day--MWF will be swimming, T will be library day, H will be a picnic in the park, F will be a hike.  We're also going to do a program called Play Unplugged which is a collaborative effort between businesses to encourage kids to play without electronics by offering badges for activities done. For example, our local rec center will offer exercise badges for 5 days of exercise.  You just have to show picture proof that you did the activity and they will give you the badge.  We haven't done that before so it'll be fun.  We'll also do the summer reading program.  Of course, we still have to do the housework and yardwork so I'll be sure to have the kids help with that.  Christie and Jordan will be working and Jordan will have football workouts so they won't be as involved but they'll still be kept busy.

Today's work is LAUNDRY.  Got to do all the vacation laundry!  I've also got to plan a menu and grocery shop.  The fridge needs to be cleaned out too--I did clean it out for the most part but there's some stuff that was left that needs to get thrown out.  I'll also wipe it down since it's practically empty!  And all the vacation stuff needs to be put away.  It's going to be a busy day!

We had a great trip and I enjoyed it a lot and I'm rested and rejuvenated--and I'm also glad to be home! 

Merilee

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Monday, June 5, 2017
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 11:43:32 AM »
Merilee -- Disney is the best!!  One of my favorite places! 
We have never been to Disneyland, but Disneyworld has seen us many a time!  Always such an exciting place to be.  So glad you had such a wonderful time even with the darn stomach sickness. 

Sounds like you have big plans for the summer! Was kind of thinking I would like to maybe join Mommy Camp!  Sounds like lots of memories to be made ahead!!  Congrats to your Grad!

Today we for some reason are having kind of gloomy weather.  I wasn't expecting that.  It looks like it could rain, but I don't think that's really in the forecast.

Yesterday we went on a nice long 4 mile walk, and I am looking forward to getting that in again after dinner today.  I am hoping the weather holds out for us.

Son & future d.i.l. are back safely in VA.  Tons of progress made on wedding plans, and lots of fun and memories made.  Son starts his new job tomorrow.  Hoping that goes well for him.

So far today, I have most of the laundry done.  Last load in the washer, so that will be done this afternoon.

I have been engrossed in a book all morning. (between answering the buzz of the washing machine).  My friend gave me "The Rainbow Comes and Goes" by Anderson Cooper and Gloria Vanderbilt.  It is pretty interesting.  Glad to have some reading time.

I have grabbed some lunch and unloaded the dishwasher, so with that, maybe I am getting something done between chapters after all!  ;)

Hope everyone has a great day!
Dinner tonight for us is grilled chicken and barley corn salad. One of my favorites. (hope the rain holds off so we can fire up the grill!!)
 :)Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25