Author Topic: Monday, June 12, 2017  (Read 1487 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Monday, June 12, 2017
« on: June 12, 2017, 07:20:29 AM »
Good morning!

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Monday, June 12, 2017
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 07:25:52 AM »
Good morning!

Today's shaping up to be a partly cloudy, windy day.  That'll be nice because Alex and Nathan are going to soccer camp this morning and that will help them stay cool.

Jordan got a job over the weekend at the swimming pool we swim at during the summer.  He went through his lifeguard training over the weekend and his first day of work is tomorrow.  He got his driver's license just in time!

Christie is off today too so I guess the teens will do their own thing today.

I've got laundry to do and house pickup.  I also need to continue working on the office to get it set up for my new job working for an online company.  I've got a whole list of little things that need to be done so I'll work on that too.

Today is my 20th wedding anniversary!  We went out on Saturday so tonight's our family dinner.  I will make our favorite dishes and we will have root beer floats for dessert. 

Merilee

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 08:41:48 AM »
Congrats, Merilee!

We had a very full weekend!

After my busy day Friday with parents and groceries we spent Sat. morning starting the backyard project. Lava rock is going to be moved around and a small patio and grass is moving in! We have to use what's there since the budget can't afford buying a whole of new stuff. We started early but by 1:30 it was over 90 degrees and much too hot for that kind of work. The rest of this week will continue in the 90s so we might need to postpone the project a little bit. We did have to buy patio blocks because we didn't have those. We found used ones so instead of $700 we got them for $40.

Then dad called again on Saturday to help pick strawberries (in the 90 degrees). I did that and we also grilled pork chops and chicken. No walk on Saturday since we felt we had enough physical work. We watched a movie on Netflix and drank homemade strawberry daquiries later in the evening! And we did a load of laundry and hung it out to dry and it didn't take long to dry.

Sunday was church and then MIL came over for dinner. We had a roasted chicken and homemade rice-a-roni with green beans. Easy and delicious. Tonight we're making homemade chicken ravioli in garlic/basil/butter sauce with the leftover chicken.

I'm very busy at work as well. We're doing a major reshuffling of work stations and every single person is moving to a new work station in hopes of getting every group more together with each other. All the moving is going to happen on June 29 and 30 which are two very busy days for me in the work that I do. I'm pretty nervous about that. All computers, phones and chairs will move with the person but not the desks. No painting of walls and no renovations for this move. If all goes as planned, I'm getting an office with a window and a door instead of a cubicle. Nice! So everyone is packing up stuff now already and purging stuff that is no longer necessary. I have boxes stacked all over my cubicle and a lot more stuff not yet packed because I need those things to do my work.

I'll need a vacation after all this is done but probably won't because we have our normal finance stuff that we do in July and August that I need to be here for.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 10:42:26 AM »
Happy Anniversary Merilee!

My schedule is all confused today.  I met up with a friend early this morning to pick strawberries.  They are such nice berries, and I can't wait to put some over a piece of angel food cake! (just a small piece  ;)) -- although, those strawberry daiquiris sure sound divine Alice!  I'm sure I picked enough for both indulgences!  Yay for my life!!   ;D ;D ;D

Indiana son is coming home later tonight.  He has his epilepsy check up with his neurologist in the morning.  Not sure when he is headed back down, but I'm sure either right after the appointment, or maybe after dad takes him out to breakfast! LOL!

Oh my it is getting hot here today!  So glad we picked berries early.  We were done by 8:30, so the weather was actually perfect.  Now at noon - it is hitting almost 90* and on the rise. So thankful for AC!!! 

I need to get some things done around here.  Hopefully I can figure out just what needs to happen first!! 

Have a wonderful day everyone!!
Pam

Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 10:49:38 AM »
The invitation is open for strawberry daquiries! Everyone is welcome. My parents gave me so many berries we could all have enough COLD daqueries on this HOT day! With or without rum!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017, 12:43:07 PM »
The invitation is open for strawberry daquiries! Everyone is welcome. My parents gave me so many berries we could all have enough COLD daqueries on this HOT day! With or without rum!

Alice

Will keep that in mind!!!!   ;) :D ;D 8) ;) :D ;D 8)
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25