Author Topic: Thursday, June 15, 2017  (Read 1021 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Thursday, June 15, 2017
« on: June 15, 2017, 06:39:32 AM »
Good morning!

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Thursday, June 15, 2017
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 06:41:40 AM »
Good morning!

Today will be a pretty warm day. High temperature in the high 80s.

This morning I will water outside and weed.  I bought some herbs and tomato plants yesterday so I will get those planted today.  That will be a project because the place where I am going to put them is full of weeds.  I've really neglected my yard lately and it shows.

I've got laundry to finish and housecleaning to do.  That will pretty much be my day.

My boys have soccer camp this morning, and my teens work this afternoon.  No plans for tonight.

Dinner is grilled pork chops, grilled potatoes n onions, jello salad and fruit.  Maybe I'll add in peas or something like that.

Merilee

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 07:57:59 AM »
Good Morning,

We had a nice evening last night. The weather looked questionable so we didn't walk. Instead we made a delicious stir fry (again) but with lots of veggies and very little meat. We made both noodles and rice for a variety. Then after that was cleaned up we watched the old version of The Parent Trap. There was so much laughter in the house as the kids finally understood some of the things they didn't understand when they were young. Hubby came home with a headache earlier so he needed food and a short nap instead of stressful long walk.

Then the storm started with a lot of wind. I chose to go to bed and didn't hear a thing. I have a feeling the storm wasn't much after all. It looked like it had rained but I don't thing we got nearly what they predicted. One of my cats who never likes being on our bed was all over me and fell asleep by my head right on my pillow. She was goofing around on the head board playing with the tissue box and pencils and then she was asleep and was there for 4 hours. She has never once slept on our bed in the 7 years we have had her. I think the windy evening scared her and she needed her people. When I got up at 1 am to check out the storm she moved on to other places also.

The family is keeping the house pretty well in tip top shape. Someone vacuumed and mopped the kitchen floor and vacuumed the other rooms. I put a load of laundry in the washer in the morning and someone hung it on the clothesline and then later took it down and folded everything. They even delivered them to our bedrooms! Dinners are being prepped and I even heard someone say "but we can't break mom's budget".

Our oldest daughter is coming home Sunday and then the family will be altogether for a few weeks. I want to finish our backyard project but hubby keeps changing his plan. With all of us home we could really tackle this thing!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 09:43:53 AM »
Hello ladies!
I am popping on kind of late today.  Our internet was down this morning, and I just got it reset and back up.  Not sure if it was from the storm or what, but at least it is back up.  Hubs needed me to do some on-line research for him, so I guess it's good I could get that taken for him.

This morning I got out and dug up a small area for the 3 squash plants I had to get in.  2 zucchini and one yellow summer squash. 
Merilee: I had to basically dig a plot in the yard for those, so I totally wish you luck on getting your plants in!

We did get some rain last night, but not nearly what is needed.  Watering the lawn and trying to keep it in some kind of shape.  Not easy these days!

After all my running around yesterday, I have to return the shirt I got hubs.  It just didn't fit right, so I will run that back in a bit and see what I can find to replace it.

We are leaving tomorrow around noon or so to head up north, so I need to make sure that we have what we need for the weekend.

Hubs has a lot going on with work right now, so not sure if he will be home for dinner or not.  Will try to come up with something that I can be flexible with so either way, I can go with the flow.  With us leaving, I don't want to have a bunch of leftovers. 

Looking forward to the weekend. 
Hope everyone has a great day!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25