Author Topic: Wednesday, October 9, 2013  (Read 2238 times)

Offline gaggleofseven

Wednesday, October 9, 2013
« on: October 09, 2013, 05:56:08 AM »
Good morning!

Just a few minutes to say hello before I have to get everyone out the door.  A beautiful day is forecast. I love these fall days, though I'm not so excited about what comes after!

My day should consist of laundry primarily. I've gotten a little off schedule and need to catch up.

Have a wonderful day!
Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline Cheryl

Re: Wednesday, October 9, 2013
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 06:00:34 AM »
Good morning!

My day will be filled with apples, apples, apples. ;D  I want to get more juice canned, make more pie filling, and get some applesauce started.

Sometime during, after, or while all this is happening, I'll do school with Emily, wash and hang out a couple of loads of laundry, and do some general tidying up. 

Have a great day! :)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 06:14:59 AM »
I've been up half the night.  Just cannot sleep. I've got to make a run to town to pick up some groceries and meet a young lady who is selling me a beautiful picture for just 5 bucks! She had the ad on one of those local groups on facebook. I'm not too keen on meeting people I dont know, but, Chad will be with me.

I'm going to get busy making some crockpot apple butter as well. I've already made some for the freezer. But I want to make some and water bath it so I can give as gifts this Christmas. I've never done this before. But I've read up on it and it seems easy enough. A friend told me once I start canning and get good at it, I'll want to can everything! Honestly, I dont think I could use a pressure cooker though. So water bathing jams and jellies is it for now.

We are having wonderful fall weather this week. Its going to be in low 70s today. It has been in the 60s. I love it!

I made some caramel sauce for ice cream, apples, etc. I got the recipe from the pioneer woman's show. It is fabulous! I used a little in my coffee this morning and it was great.

Well I need to go get started on the laundry. Sorry for rambling lol. You all have a good day!
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.

Offline Andrea G

• no better thing under the sun
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 06:30:35 AM »
Good morning!  It's another beautiful fall day here too.  Laundry and apples seem to be the theme here today.  I need to do some bedding and towels, and a friend is blessing me with a big bag of apples, so count me in.

Bobby, your friend is right, you will soon be looking for things to can.  I used to be leery of pressure canning too, but once I tried it it was so easy!

Cheryl, Jennie and all who follow, have a wonderful fall day :)
Loving life in southern Ontario
Wife to David, Mom to Kate, Paul, Matt and Julianne

Offline wrancher

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 07:23:02 AM »
Good Morning

The sun is shining and suppose to be 68 today. I need to make phone calls and one room of deep cleaning. I need to really clean up kitchen also. I wish I had apples so I guess mine will just be the laundry. My sisters power came back on last night at 7pm. It was costing $140 a day to run generator. The things we take for granted. I am sure I cant be in house all day. We will take calves back to spot where we got them before the storm.

Here is a link to what it looks like around. Very graphic you may not want to look

http://bigballsincowtown.com/storm2013.htm

It is very real and hard to get off your mind when this affects your livelihood.

Off to think of something positive!

Have a great day
Janice

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 07:36:05 AM »
Wow, Janice. That is just heartbreaking :(.  I'm so sorry that you all have to go through that. My prayers to you all!
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.

Offline Shelly

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 08:58:28 AM »
Oh Janice, so sad. :(  I feel bad both for the people who are now wondering and worrying about money and also the animals who may have suffered.

Bobby- I love canning and have been canning everything in sight.  It's addicting! Have fun with your apple sauce!

Well, today has a bit of a gloom cloud over it.  One of my friends committed suicide a couple months ago and today is his birthday.  My thoughts immediately went to his mom.  I didn't know her, but I know that she was "mom" to a lot of people and her heart must be hurting so much today.

The kid's playdate got moved to this morning, so that will fill most of the morning.  We'll be playing at the park, so I'm hoping they will be worn out and take a good nap.  Trevor will be home from his overnight hunt tonight and I'd like to make sure the house is clean.  It's not bad, but I'll need to do the floors and some picking up in areas.

Other than that, I've left the day fairly open in the afternoon.

Have a good one, ladies!
Wife to Trevor for 16 years and SAHM to Maisie (4) Liam (4) Aedric (1) Harold (1)

Offline wrancher

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 09:25:10 AM »
On 2nd thought we will leave calves where they are just move a few in corral to where the others are. If things couldn't get any worse we are now all bracing for another storm starting tomorrow. This time it is in the form of rain. My friends mom was talking with the national weather service as she reports totals to them and they aid the rain could be just as significant as the snow was and maybe more. We are all now worried about the cattle getting pneumonia as the stress they went through. We are going to put out extra mineral barrels that has more vitamins, etc.  Oh the $$ this costs. But wouldn't trade it for an office job. I Think. Ask me tomorrow and an office job might be great!!!!

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 10:58:30 AM »
Good morning ladies,

Janice, how incredibly sad. Oh, it just breaks my heart.

I have already been to Oregon to get the car inspected and gassed up. Went by to tell MIL happy birthday and take her the 2nd set of fingerless gloves I made for her. She was having a bad day, so I didn't stay long.  :( She had gotten her right hand caught between the wall and her scooter, so it was wrapped and the workers told me she had a booboo. I hope it isn't serious.  :(

In store for me this afternoon is to give Buddy a good bath. I gave him a haircut yesterday, so he needs a bath today. I had planned to just let his hair grow out, but  he has so much of it, I decided to go ahead and trim it. I believe he is happier with it trimmed up.  ;D

I plan to do laundry tomorrow, so will see if anything needs mending today. Might also try to get another quilt sandwiched. I haven't had anything in my hoop for a week and starting to suffer from withdrawal. LOL  :D

Something got another of my barred rock hens yesterday evening and pulled the tail feathers from a different hen. So they are on lockdown again.  :o  >:(

Need to get Kevin off to work. You all have a great day.

Blessings,
Winona
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 10:59:22 AM by MoWin »
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie