The Hearth > Managing a Household

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

(1/2) > >>

gaggleofseven:
Good morning!

Just a few minutes to say hello before I have to get everyone out the door.  A beautiful day is forecast. I love these fall days, though I'm not so excited about what comes after!

My day should consist of laundry primarily. I've gotten a little off schedule and need to catch up.

Have a wonderful day!
Jennie

Cheryl:
Good morning!

My day will be filled with apples, apples, apples. ;D  I want to get more juice canned, make more pie filling, and get some applesauce started.

Sometime during, after, or while all this is happening, I'll do school with Emily, wash and hang out a couple of loads of laundry, and do some general tidying up. 

Have a great day! :)

bobbie78:
I've been up half the night.  Just cannot sleep. I've got to make a run to town to pick up some groceries and meet a young lady who is selling me a beautiful picture for just 5 bucks! She had the ad on one of those local groups on facebook. I'm not too keen on meeting people I dont know, but, Chad will be with me.

I'm going to get busy making some crockpot apple butter as well. I've already made some for the freezer. But I want to make some and water bath it so I can give as gifts this Christmas. I've never done this before. But I've read up on it and it seems easy enough. A friend told me once I start canning and get good at it, I'll want to can everything! Honestly, I dont think I could use a pressure cooker though. So water bathing jams and jellies is it for now.

We are having wonderful fall weather this week. Its going to be in low 70s today. It has been in the 60s. I love it!

I made some caramel sauce for ice cream, apples, etc. I got the recipe from the pioneer woman's show. It is fabulous! I used a little in my coffee this morning and it was great.

Well I need to go get started on the laundry. Sorry for rambling lol. You all have a good day!

Andrea G:
Good morning!  It's another beautiful fall day here too.  Laundry and apples seem to be the theme here today.  I need to do some bedding and towels, and a friend is blessing me with a big bag of apples, so count me in.

Bobby, your friend is right, you will soon be looking for things to can.  I used to be leery of pressure canning too, but once I tried it it was so easy!

Cheryl, Jennie and all who follow, have a wonderful fall day :)

wrancher:
Good Morning

The sun is shining and suppose to be 68 today. I need to make phone calls and one room of deep cleaning. I need to really clean up kitchen also. I wish I had apples so I guess mine will just be the laundry. My sisters power came back on last night at 7pm. It was costing $140 a day to run generator. The things we take for granted. I am sure I cant be in house all day. We will take calves back to spot where we got them before the storm.

Here is a link to what it looks like around. Very graphic you may not want to look

http://bigballsincowtown.com/storm2013.htm

It is very real and hard to get off your mind when this affects your livelihood.

Off to think of something positive!

Have a great day
Janice

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version