Author Topic: Wednesday, July 5, 2017  (Read 1100 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Wednesday, July 5, 2017
« on: July 05, 2017, 07:56:53 AM »
Good morning!

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Wednesday, July 5, 2017
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 08:06:01 AM »
Good morning!

We had a fun 4th.  We went swimming at the in-laws in the late afternoon, then had dinner, then watched some of the celebrations around the country on TV.  We were going to do sparklers with them but their area has a fireworks ban so we ended up going home and doing what we called 'drive-by' fireworks.  Our state laws allow aerial fireworks up to so many feet (I think 150?).  So as we drove home, we could see fireworks displays all over the valley, from the professional shows put on by the city to the individual family fireworks.  It was fun!  We got home in time to see the last 20 minutes of our local pro soccer team's game (it was an away game).  We won 6-2, which was great because we haven't had a great season this year.  Then we went outside and had fun with our sparklers.  Finally got the kids to bed about 10:45.

Jordan goes to Scout camp today.  Christie's working. 

We're heading into a heat wave that will see 100+ degree temperatures over the next few days so I think we'll be going swimming this afternoon.

I've got to water the yard today.  I bought some new herb plants to replace the ones that died so I need to get those planted then water all my containers.  I'll work on clearing another section of the backyard.  I did the laundry yesterday but it needs to be put away.  Wednesday is usually my shopping day but I don't need anything besides milk so I'll probably just get a gallon when I take Christie to work.  I've got work to do for my online job and I need to finish my resume for another job I'm applying for.  I'll also check my running list and see what else I can knock off.

Hope you all had a fun and safe 4th, and a good day today!

Dinner tonight--I think BLTs.

Merilee

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 11:16:47 AM »
Hello Merilee and any who might follow.

We had a nice weekend as well.  I left Saturday morning and met hubs up north at the National Cherry Festival.  We were there just until Sunday afternoon.  Had a nice time.  Enjoyed the Arts & Crafts fair before leaving town.  Got back in time to head to the movies. 

Monday we went on a bike ride.  Did about 18 miles total.  My legs were screaming all that night!  Felt better yesterday.  Fine today.

Had an uneventful 4th.  Planted some plants that I had been ignoring, so that is good.  Hope they take okay.  Cooked out, but since it's just me and hubs, it was just like a normal dinner.  Chicken kabobs, and corn on the cob. 

Today, went to weight watchers.  Didn't have to weigh in because I weighed in for July on the first before heading north.  Now I am free for the month.  After the meeting today, walked with my friend 3.3 miles, and then grabbed lunch.  It is getting pretty warm out now, but it was nice when we walked.   And there was some shaded spots on the trail, so that was good.  Glad to get some activity in!

Hubs is back on the road for work, and will be gone until Friday.  We may be going to a concert Friday night, but that is kind of up in the air right now.  We will see how that all pans out.  Either way is good for me. 

Laundry is done since hubs needed it done before leaving this morning, so that is good.  I need to water my flowers, plants and garden area.  I started a book that is pretty interesting, so I will spend some time with that.

Hope everyone had a nice Holiday and are easing back into your schedules!
Would love to hear from y'all!!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 12:13:20 PM »
My nice long 4 1/2 day weekend was gone in a snap of my fingers. I still can't figure where it went so fast. It was nice but I could have used a longer break!

We celebrated hubby's bday on the 3rd and I made a special dinner for all 5 of us. It was cheaper than going out with 5 big adults! So we had a lighter fare at home--3 steaks (not too expensive) cut in 1/2 for smaller portions and leftover warmed up paella and watermelon.

On Tuesday we were invited to our friends house on the lake but it was so strange when we got there at the appointed time, the guy was at his son's house working on some vents and then at another son's house finishing the basement. So he wasn't there. His wife was babysitting 5 young grandchildren while the kids dad sat on the couch reading a book and surfing the internet. His wife was out of town and he had nothing to do with his own kids. The lady had all her washed laundry hanging around and some still in the washer. It was like they forgot we were invited over for the afternoon. After an hour of just sitting around I suggested maybe we should just go home and plan to do something at a later date. They wouldn't hear of that. The hubby came home and then we went out for a short boat ride and played a little water volleyball and had the dinner they had planned. Their two sons came quite late for dinner and volleyball so that was nice. Not one of the better get-togethers.

Our youngest stayed home because she had a lot of homework to do. She was very sad but I told her that she really didn't miss anything. She took a short break and made herself some dinner and made cupcakes from scratch for a belated birthday for her papa! They were so good!

This week we're addressing cars--oil changes and air conditioners that don't work and a skipping transmission.  I hate that part of car ownership and we have four cars for 5 people!!! It still is cheaper to drive the paid off cars we have than to buy a different one that could give the exact same problems down the road.

Well, that is my update!!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Rooney

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 01:01:45 PM »
Hi ladies!

Looks like I am not the only one that has been missing for a while around here.  Everyone must be super busy! 

We had a nice weekend of the 4th.  Saturday we ran errands and picked up some fireworks.  That night we had neighbors from up the road over for firework festivities.  We love these neighbors!  We have so much in common!  Sunday was a laid back day, yard work and playing outside.  Monday hubby worked but got out of the office early, so that was nice.  Then on the 4th we ran some more errands early in the day and came home and set up the inflatable waterslide.  The kids played on it all afternoon and had a blast, until a seam burst.  We have had the slide for over a decade, so I wasn't really surprised.  Unfortunately a seam bust is the repair that is almost impossible to make.  Trying to talk hubby into replacing it because they have so much fun on it, but I doubt that will happen.

I am getting ready to work on an anniversary project for my parents 50th.  It is early next month.  I am going to attempt to find a program to set pictures to music and make a dvd of their 50 years together.  I want it to be a surprised so I will ask my brother to sneak out 3 or 4 photo albums at a time without them noticing.  My mom is so organized that their life is in numbered photo albums in order by date, so that should make it easier.  Just need to find a program that will be easy enough for me to figure out.

Something else we are doing this coming week.......RIDING HORSES AGAIN!  I don't know if I ever told you girls this, but before I met my husband I barrel raced pretty much every weekend and by the time I met him I was barrel racing in professional rodeos.  This was the most fun I had ever had with any sport (and I have done quite a few of them ;)).  So.......yesterday we got the saddle and tack (everything else you need to ride) ordered and it will be here early next week.  My dad has two rideable horses and one that I will have to break first.  I am so excited to be doing this again and teaching the kids to ride as well this summer! :)  We just have to install a gate from our property onto my dad's pastures this week.  That is a quick job.  Just need to run to Rural King and get a set of plastic barrels.  Found them for $19.99 a piece and that is a good price.  Dad even offered to disked up part of his hay field for the barrel pattern! :)

Other than that, we are doing light school this summer, so we don't forget everything and we are starting to learn Spanish.

Pam, that was quite a bike ride!

Alice, sorry your get together wasn't what you were expecting.  I have been to a few like that in the past and I almost felt like, "Did I make a mistake and get the date wrong or something?"  Glad the rest of you vacation was nice.

Merilee, good luck with the new job!

You girls seem to be keeping busy as well!  Good to "see" you again!

Lindsay

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2017, 07:14:18 PM »
Happy Birthday to your husband Alice!  Nice your daughter made cupcakes!  Too bad your get together was so uncomfortable.  That is always such an odd feeling.  Glad you could make the most of it!

Great to see you Lindsay!  So excited for you and your horse adventures!  Can't wait to hear more about it as the summer progresses!  Keep us posted!

Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25