Author Topic: 159 Days until Christmas  (Read 2283 times)

Offline Shelly

• Administrator
159 Days until Christmas
« on: July 19, 2017, 05:10:59 PM »
WHo is starting to think about getting ready? All 4 of my kids have birthdays the very beginning of January, so I start preparing early or it's a huge budget drain.

Wife to Trevor for 16 years and SAHM to Maisie (4) Liam (4) Aedric (1) Harold (1)

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: 159 Days until Christmas
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 08:06:23 PM »
I should.  I've got a college student starting this fall so money will be a bit tighter.

I've got some ideas already based on needs, so I'll start watching sales, now that back to school time is here.

Merilee

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 12:05:07 PM »
I too need to start really thinking and preparing. 

We have a wedding in September, so that will be our budget drain that I will need to figure out a way to recoup to be able to do Christmas.  I wish us all luck!   :D

Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 06:27:01 AM »
The summer is coming to a close which means that nasty white stuff and cold weather is right around the corner. Not too soon I hope!

We can't do Christmas gifts again this year. This about the 4th or 5th year so hopefully my adult children get the idea. They have everything so getting them stuff they probably won't need doesn't make any sense. If they were all out on their own, I might be able to do a bit more gifting but for now they all live with us and we pay for all their needs.

I do think that me and hubby should have ourselves a little vacation. Nothing big but maybe just a little local getaway. I'm not even thinking of an overnight or anything. I'll be looking out for something.

I will be putting our little village up and a few lights to build the atmosphere of Christmas sometime after Thanksgiving. I found that that helps me out a lot to have that. I might even pull out some CDs and play Christmas music this year.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats