Author Topic: Tuesday, July 25, 2017  (Read 973 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Tuesday, July 25, 2017
« on: July 25, 2017, 07:47:53 AM »
Good morning!

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Tuesday, July 25, 2017
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 08:01:08 AM »
Good morning!

IT'S RAINING!!!!  It's been awhile since we've had any significant rain and I am happy!  Now I don't have to water the lawn today!  The temperature is currently in the mid 60s, high is supposed to be low 80s.

I had a pretty productive day yesterday.  I got my two important things done--laundry and house pickup.

Today I will put away the last load of laundry.  I'd also like to work on emptying my ironing basket.  But I am thinking that with the cooler weather, a better use of my time might be to get in the backyard and start cutting tree sprouts and weeds.  I'll keep an eye on the weather and work out there if it isn't too wet and muddy.  I'm working on my August goals and projects, and I think I will also work on my August menu.  And I will also work on the other things on my list from yesterday that didn't get done.

Dinner tonight is huli huli chicken, hawaiian macaroni salad, rice and fruit.  If it's too wet to grill, I'll just cook the chicken on the stove.

Have a great day!  And it's 5 months to Christmas!

Merilee

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 08:19:19 AM »
Good Morning Merilee and any who may follow!

I have all of my to do's from yesterday that I need to do today, since my friend texted me and we went shopping!  Totally what I needed yesterday!  I really am feeling so much more grounded now. 

So, for me: laundry, mopping, watering garden.

We are going to see The Who tonight downtown.  Not my first choice of events, but we need to go for hubs' job.  I'm sure it will be great, just not something I am clamoring to do. 

I am making a tuna macaroni salad for dinner.  Will do that this morning so it has time to come together.   We will have time to eat before heading downtown, so I am glad we don't have to grab something there.  Still trying to get my weight back to July 1 weight.  Have about 3 pounds to go before Aug. 1 weigh in.

A lot going on evenings for us the rest of the week.  Concert tonight.  Thursday celebrating son's 21st with him and giving him my car to use for his trip. Saturday huge family reunion for hubby's family. Sunday going to Detroit Tigers game.  I think Monday I will need a day off!!  All fun stuff though, not too difficult of situations!!   :D

I had better shut this down and get busy!  Hope everyone has a great day!

Merilee: so glad you are getting some rain, and a relief of your hot temps.  And - did you want me to have a great day, or did you want me to know that it's only 5 months until Christmas?  Because those two things can't both happen at once! LOL!!!   ;D ;D ;D  (just kidding!)  Have a great day - and Merry Almost Christmas!

Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 12:22:02 PM »
Happy 25th! It's my son's 23rd brithday and he's interviewing for jobs and then working. I don't even think I'll see him today.

Everyone is running around doing stuff in five different directions and we're down a vehicle. Mine is getting fixed. It should be done today. It was a real struggle today coordinating cars and just when we thought we had it together, we remembered someone else needed a car and so it was me that has no vehicle today. Hubby brought me to work and I was going to walk home (7 miles) but it looks like daughter #1 will get me from work so I can pick up my vehicle. It will all settle down soon.

I made some really good smothered pork chops last night and they were awesome. No added salt until the very end and we all liked it. Soft and tender and the gravy was good. I guess there was salt in the bouillon cubes but no regular salt until the end of the cooking. It didn't need any salt at all. I served it with plain cooked cabbage and that was it. Because of the car repair I have to try to hold off on groceries. I do have a list started but I'll think about it for a while getting those things.

The problem is that one local grocery store has whole chickens for 68 cents per lb. Another store has grapes for 88 cents per lb. and peanut butter for $1.49. Grapes and PB are used daily for my green smoothies so I need a case of each of those since I can also freeze the grapes. Lots to think about.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats