Author Topic: Monday, July 24, 2017  (Read 1145 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Monday, July 24, 2017
« on: July 24, 2017, 07:59:18 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!

:D :D :D :D :D
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Monday, July 24, 2017
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 08:13:57 AM »
Hi Ladies!

Hope everyone is off to a great start to your week.  I feel like I am getting a late start to my day.  Not sure what is on tap for me.  I feel like I really need to make a weekly to do list.  I used to work from one years ago, but have gotten away from it.  Now many a day I don't seem to have a sense of direction or of where to start.

I know I need to do laundry today.  Also, my kitchen needs some attention.  Somehow the floors just need a constant remopping!  Will get that done as well.

I need to run to the grocery store for a couple things as well. 

So, I guess I do have a little direction for today! Yay!  LOL!

Do any of you have a daily schedule you work from? 

Would love to hear how you are all doing, and what you are up to today!
Have a good one!
Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 08:36:26 AM »
Good morning!

Today is Pioneer Day--the day we celebrate the Mormon Pioneers arriving in Utah.  So Steven and Christie are off work.  Jordan has to work because the pool is open but it's short hours.  We'll celebrate with a BBQ and sparklers tonight.

Today I need to do laundry and clean up the house.  I also want to work on the garage and office.  The lawn needs to be mowed then tonight I'll water.  I've got a list of smaller things that can be done around here so I'll chip away at that.

Have a great day!
Merilee

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 10:06:25 AM »
Good Morning, yet, for a few minutes!

Very busy in my life as usual! Had a very busy weekend when all I really wanted was some time to slow down. Didn't happen.

Took Friday off to try to "catch up" but it turned out to be a super, super busy. Went to the Dr. to try to figure out why I still have hives or a rash. It's hives. Not sure what from. Went grocery shopping but didn't get everything because it wasn't found out until Sunday that I'm out of a bunch of stuff. New list started.

Friday night was supposed to have one of the girls' friends come in and cook dinner for us but friend never showed up until late. Thankfully, I had a back up plan by making spaghetti earlier in the day and also I got the meal prepared that "friend" was going to make. Never made this meal before but I did it anyway. The "friend" came and ate and decided to tell me what I did wrong. Wow! Not all of it was wrong but just one thing.

Saturday, we picked beans at my parents house and we ended up freezing them all in our freezer. Something like 24 quart sized baggies packed full and we gave some away to a friend. Also, green peppers, pickles, squash. So many goodies. Then later in the afternoon we had a little bday party for my son's birthday which is tomorrow but he has a full day so we squeaked a little cake in on Saturday!

Sunday, church and we were coffee servers after that. Same daughter as above invited two more friends over for dinner. So I had to scramble and get more food made because I didn't know they were coming. I need to talk to her. Friends are fine but advance notice is necessary. Luckily, I had lots of goodies for a big salad and I threw together a pasta salad with chicken so there was enough. We had a good time with these friends so it sure was better than Friday night. Ice cream sundaes and birthday cake for dessert.

Now I'm totally out of pasta in my house and lettuce and a bunch of other things that we ran out of on Sunday. So the list is getting big. Did anyone notice the spike in egg prices last week? Our local Meijer had a dozen for $1.99 and SaveALot had them for 99 cents. That is a big spike and I don't know why.

Now, I'm plowing into the work week which is busy as well. Hopefully, after work we can resume our walks. I've had this rash and the heat was too hot to walk but tonight looks good. I'm going to do pork chops (maybe smothered) so that will empty all of my frozen mushrooms as well. I just want them to be tender.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 06:18:29 PM »
Sounds like a crazy weekend Alice!  Nice that young girl could critique your cooking!   :o  I'm sure you made it tasty, and that it was fine!

My day today was nothing as planned!  My friend texted me a little after noon to say she was at the outlet mall if I wasn't doing anything.  It was just what I needed today!  She was shopping for a dress for her stepson's wedding.  We found a really nice one for her, and then we went to a couple of bridal stores to find one for me for my son's wedding.  The first place I went I found one that I liked pretty good on clearance for $15!!  We went to a second bridal shop and I found another one I liked on clearance for $85.  So, I now have 2 to choose from.  I send photos to bride to have her choose, and she said she liked them both, but the second one a little better.  It was the one I liked better too.  Such a relief to have that done.  Now just accessories and undergarments.  I had an anxiety attack in the night last night, and I think some of it had to do with the wedding and how fast it is approaching.  Not feeling like I was any kind of ready.  Hopefully this will help.

Hope the rest of your days were good.
Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 12:24:23 PM »
Pam,

The girls' friend was a BOY and his criticism was very, very negative.  >:( It actually wasn't nice to tell me what he did. I don't think I want him over again, actually. Very bad first impression, to say the least.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 12:29:53 PM »
Holy cow!  For sure if it was a guy -- That is a bad first impression, especially if this was a possible dating situation!

Hopefully his intent wasn't what it came off as, but I agree -- I wouldn't want to see him around again either! 

Sometimes I think that college aged kids really don't know how to communicate with people!   ::)

Pam
Wife of 32 years