Author Topic: Laptop for college student  (Read 1737 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Laptop for college student
« on: July 25, 2017, 02:22:47 PM »
I'm not quite sure where this goes, so I put it in the general forum. :)

My daughter is starting college this fall.  Her high school graduation gift from her dad and I is a laptop computer.  We are looking to get a Macbook so we can use FaceTime.  I have one and really like it.  What would be a good amount of storage to have for a college freshman?  I did look on the university website but most of the information is for specific majors.  I'm just looking for some general guidelines.

So, what would you buy for a college students, as far as memory, speed, etc. go?

Thanks,
Merilee

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Re: Laptop for college student
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 07:27:16 AM »
Merilee,

I can't give specifics on speed or anything but what I can advise is WARRANTY! Make sure to purchase the good extended warranty that includes SPILLS. My youngest bought a ThinkPad and she thought she bought the warranty that included the spills and someone did spill their iced tea all over her computer (had it for 3 months). We got it to the local repair store within minutes and they worked on it. We looked up the warranty and called about it and she did NOT have the right warranty because it was hidden in the order so that no one can hardly find it to select it. All the other warranties are clickable but not the one for spills. Do check that out carefully.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats