Author Topic: Monday, August 7, 2017  (Read 1032 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Monday, August 7, 2017
« on: August 07, 2017, 06:40:41 AM »
Good morning!

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Monday, August 7, 2017
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 06:45:11 AM »
Good morning!

It looks like the worst of our summer heat is over.  Temps for the next 10 days are forecast to be in the high 80s/low 90s instead of high 90s.  It's cloudy right now and will be today.  10% chance of rain.

My weekend was pretty low key.  Nothing big happening. 

Today I will take advantage of the cooler weather to work outside.  There's still more weeds and tree sprouts to cut down.  The lawn needs to be watered.  The garage needs to be cleaned up.

I also need to get laundry done.  If I get nothing else done in the house today, I will finish the laundry!  All the way to folding and putting away. :)  I also have some cooking to do.  I made meatballs for dinner last night and I had enough ground beef that I made a double batch.  So I will make the sauce for the meatballs then divide and freeze for Christie.  I also bought 24 English muffins to make breakfast sandwiches.  I'd like to get that done too today.
The house is in decent shape so I'll just work on the problem areas.

Dinner tonight is grilled tilapia, rice pilaf, green salad and fruit.

Have a wonderful week!
Merilee

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 07:45:31 AM »
Good morning, everyone.

I'm popping in to say hi and I'll be back to posting more as soon as things settle down a little  around here.  Two weeks ago my husband fell from a ladder at work and broke two bones in his back.  He's doing better, but it's tough at times.  We're also starting school this week.  I enjoy reading about everyone's days even when I don't post.  :)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 08:31:34 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!

Sounds like both of you have a lot on your plates!  Cheryl: so sorry to hear about your husband's accident!  Hoping he is well on the way to healing.  Will keep him (and you as his caretaker in my prayers). 

We had a nice weekend.  Friday night we had dinner at a pizza place, and then saw the movie "Detroit".  Was interesting but really hard to think about those events.  So disturbing.

Saturday we did some things around the house and then went to Mass.  Had a pretty quiet evening at home.  Nice.

Yesterday, we went to watch our son play baseball.  He signed on to play on a collegiate team for the final couple of weeks of the season.  He was the starting pitcher, and did amazingly well.  It is a tough league, and he hadn't pitched since early May.  I was concerned that it was going to be a rough and rusty start for him.  But, he didn't even give up a hit until the 5th inning!  He pitched into the 8th, and got 2 outs, but then they had to take him out because of the pitch count.  If he threw any more, he would have to sit an extra day before pitching again.  They won 6-1, and he was the winning pitcher!  Yay!  It was a great outing.  Our middle son came with us, and one of his buddies from college met us there with his fiancee.  We met our pitcher's gf there at the game.  So, he had a little personal cheering section there for him.

Now, on to this week ahead:  hubs is leaving shortly to start a project for work on the road.  He won't be back until Friday night.  It will be weird to be here all week alone.  I need to make a project list or at least figure out what I can get done while he's gone.  That is my first job!

It is kind of gray here today.  Sprinkled a little bit a while ago.  Not sure if it is suppose to be rainy all day, or what.  The temps are pretty nice.  Might get to be up to 80 today I guess. 

I need to get some birdseed later today.  The feeders have been empty for a couple weeks, but the birds haven't really been around, and the squirrels have been all over them.  I have noticed that the squirrels have been pretty absent for a bit, and now this morning all of a sudden there are a bunch of birds, different types, popping in to check the feeders.  I feel bad that there isn't anything there for them.  Will need to do that today, and hopefully can fill them between rainfalls.

Not too much else happening here.  I think one of my things I would like to work on, is to brainstorm some inexpensive Christmas ideas.  With the wedding in September, I think we will need to cut back financially for Christmas.  Would like to come up with some creative gift ideas.  Will peruse Pinterest and see what I can find.

Hope everyone has a great day!  Enjoy!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 11:18:36 AM »
It's afternoon already. I'm home sick today. Last night I was awakened with really bad stomach cramps and for the next two hours ran back and forth to the bathroom. Then I got very cold and was shivering, then I got very feverish and I slept very little. I still have really weird stomach gushing sounds. I'm tired too. I have no idea what is going on.

I'm not making dinner tonight. There are leftovers from the weekend and all three kids are having cousins get-together for the afternoon and into the evening. It's their last time together for a while.

We also had a nice weekend. Busy as usual but I got the windows washed and I made some bread on Sat. night. It turned out really well.

I hope to be back at work tomorrow.  Have a great day everyone!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats