Author Topic: Tuesday, August 29, 2017  (Read 1103 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Tuesday, August 29, 2017
« on: August 29, 2017, 06:25:25 AM »
Happy Foggy Tuesday Morning!

I wasn't expecting the fog and it's pretty heavy too!  I drove extra careful because kids are also out waiting for the school bus in the foggy and dark morning.

I had another busy night last night. Made my planned dinner which was inside-out eggrolls but hubby bought tortellini so I cooked those and then I wanted to make egg/sausage/bagels for the freezer so I made those. Dad called and wanted me to get tomatoes and peppers so I got those. My freezer is just packed and I can hardly fit anymore in there so I'm not sure how to handle the tomatoes. It's a good problem to have, right?

We even got our walk in about 7 pm. We went to bed early but then hubby got called two times during the night for work and had to go in for an hour each time. Not terrible since one was still early in the evening and the other was shortly before we were to get up anyway. He can have a short nap before he goes into work at noon today.

Hubby also bought some pork steak and chuck steak yesterday. Not sure how to prepare the chuck steak because they are thinner like steaks and not thick like chuck roasts. Will have to work with them tonight. There is lots to choose from and I will probably freeze some for a quick meal when we're too busy to cook. Then I won't have any excuses for not having anything!

Not much going on today. I hope it is nice and quiet and restful.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Tuesday, August 29, 2017
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 08:50:42 AM »
Good Morning!

Sounds like you had a productive evening last night Alice!  Good for you!  So great that you have a nice full freezer!

I need to reorganize my freezers so I can see what I have, and be more on top of what gets used, and not buying things that I don't really need. 

I just can't think about doing that project until all of the wedding projects are done, and the wedding is over.  We are 3 and 1/2 weeks from that!  I am working on a list of things that I need to do and working out a timeline to try to prevent too much stress.  I think things are pretty well under control, but who knows what can come up last minute!  I guess I just have it all swimming around in my mind, so sometimes I stress.  Maybe a checklist will help me with that. 

Today I need to hit a few dollar trees looking to get the rest of the flowers I need for the reception tables.  I am cutting them up for the petals to sprinkle around the lanterns in the center.  Am having a hard time finding the stems of orange roses.  I only need probably 3 more, but it is hit and miss finding them.  Also still need batteries for some of the lanterns and some kind of tote or something to transport them in.

I also have a chiropractor appointment today.  Usually I don't have any symptoms, it is just a maintenance appointment, but the last couple of days I have been having some lower back discomfort, so it is good I am going in.

Working on laundry in between everything.  Only have a couple of loads, so that isn't too involved.  Just need to remember to go back down to keep it going.

Not sure about dinner.  We didn't do the stir fry after all yesterday.  I stopped at a veggie stand to pick up colored peppers, and they didn't have any.  They only had green peppers.  :P  So I did BLT's, a cucumber/tomato salad, corn on the cob and baked beans.  Wow - I hardly ever have bacon, and it was so salty to me!  I had some on an egg sandwich this morning, and it wasn't quite as bad, but last night all I could taste was salt!  It actually still tasted pretty good to me!  LOL!  Something I just need to go easy on.
So - maybe stir fry tonight, maybe something else, I don't know.  Will take a chicken breast out of the freezer and decide what to do with it later! 

Hope everyone has a great day!!  Be productive!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 09:20:15 PM »
Good evening!

Today was a bit rough at school--some of our extra-special-needs kids (those who have other disabilities besides being deaf) were having bad days.  They thrive on routine and "same old same old" and we had a fire drill today.  The fire alarms were also tested again without us having to leave.  We have the kind of fire alarms that flash strobe lights as well as emit the sound they do (no idea what it sounds like) so those who can't hear can see.  The strobe lights really freaked out one of our kindergarten kids.  So all that kind of threw off the day a bit.  But we got through it and tomorrow's a new day!  Hope all the kids get a good night's sleep tonight.

About the only homemaking things I've done today are clean up the kitchen and after I get off here I'll go get meat from the freezer for our dinner.  I forgot to get out chicken for dinner tonight and my husband didn't get the text til too late so we ended up with sandwiches.  I've still done pretty good with dinners since starting school so yay for that! 

I've decided that I just CANNOT get on the computer in the morning.  The past two mornings I've spent way too much time browsing the news to see what's happening with Texas.  (All my thoughts and prayers and love to the people of Texas.  I have relatives and friends there!).  I have a break at 10:30 so I plan to just look at my phone quickly to see if there are any urgent emails/messages in the morning then wait till my break to check news, etc.  That will let me get more done in the morning before I leave.

Merilee

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 05:20:05 AM »
Merilee,

I remember well the days I started working outside the home on a regular basis when the children were small. I really took a toll on routine and I feel like my hubby wasn't on board at that time either and he didn't help much.  We finally found our routine and hubby realized how necessary it was for me to get out while the kids were at school. It actually became a wonderful time of our lives. I meal planned very well and hubby helped out a lot. With my working and a well executed plan we have been able to put our kids through Christian day school and even Christian college and we're down to our last year of college.

I will admit I'm a bit more off a routine for meals lately because I've given myself permission to do so. I figure the kids need to help when they are home and that it shouldn't fall on Mom and Dad's shoulders. I'm pretty much testing my kids to see if they can do the dishes, come up with a meal, do the laundry, clean the house, all without being told. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. And now that we're down to three instead of five, I feel like I don't have to exert too much effort if having a perfect routine.

Good luck with pulling it all together Merilee! I know you can do it. You seem to be very organized.

Alice

Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 09:19:42 PM »
I will admit I'm a bit more off a routine for meals lately because I've given myself permission to do so.

This is what I'm doing right now!  My house isn't as tidy as I would like (still stuff to put away after the lights project, etc.) and other things...but I'm reminding myself it's a temporary situation while I figure out everything.

No one's complaining except me, so we're good. LOL.

Merilee