Author Topic: Wednesday, August 30  (Read 894 times)

Offline Cheryl

Wednesday, August 30
« on: August 30, 2017, 06:07:27 AM »
Good morning!

I am up having coffee before Emily gets ready for school.

I have my canner heating up.  I will be canning grape juice today.  Well, actually it is muscadine juice.  After not getting any last year because of the drought, our vines are loaded now!  I hope to put up a lot of juice in the next few weeks.

I am having a time getting on to post in the mornings.  I read every day, but somehow time gets away from me and I don't get to post.  One of our cats wakes me up every couple of hours during the night wanting to be fed.  After a while I just start feeling run down and exhausted.  Guess I am not a spring chicken anymore! ;D

Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Re: Wednesday, August 30
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 07:03:02 AM »
Hi Cheryl,

I hope you can try to have a nice day today even though you're feeling a bit tired.

My alarm went off way too early also. It was the normal time but I just wanted to stay put for a while. My cat sleeps on our headboard on a pillow and she falls off onto our heads almost every night. Often we just leave her there but sometimes we lift her back up on her pillow. She fell and scratched hubby's ear this morning.

I got most of my tomatoes chopped and frozen last night. I made them fit into my freezer but I have one more batch to go tonight if the remaining are ripe enough. It will fit because we're also using stuff from the freezer. There is a big gallon of ice cream that is almost empty so that should free up some space in the near future. 

It's our anniversary on Tuesday, Sept. 5. 31 years. We're not doing anything quite yet but hubs wants to go to Shipshewana and see a show later this month. Sounds good to me. I might take the day off but hubby still has to work. I might just give the house a good cleaning.

We had some chuck steak in the pressure cooker last night and that turned out quite good. I put an onion in there and pouch of mushroom gravy with the water. I boiled a few noodles to go with it. That was delicious.  We have plenty of leftovers for tonight so I won't need to cook.

We also got our walk in though it was starting to drip droplets of rain it never did have a downpour. It was dark for a while. The worst thing was the little tiny bugs. Hubby called them noseums (sp?). They were out with a vengeance last night. Horrible. Not sure why there were so many out last night. Then a stinky skunk during the night. Yuck.

Tonight has nothing special going on. Just the routine stuff and nothing really busy. Just the way I like it.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Rooney

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 05:20:50 PM »
Hi Cheryl and Alice. :)

We had a very productive school day today.  Even more so than usual.  So I am happy with that! :)  Burgers for supper tonight then we HAVE to go to the grocery!  Running super low.  You know the kind of thing like cheese but no bread, pasta sauce but no pasta, rice but no veggies.  And I need more watermelon!  Totally loving them and will be sad when they are out of season.  So we will eat and then shop. :)  That is all for me today.  I will be happy with school and laundry done and groceries put away. :)

Have a good night.

Lindsay

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 09:17:09 PM »
Good evening!

Posting really late but I haven't had time before now!  I had a meeting with a lady from my church tonight.

Today was a better day at school.  My kindergarten student was absent today so I helped with other things.  We are breaking into groups to do work and that is something the aides help with so that is fun.  I've helped with letter identification in kindergarten and math and spelling in 3rd grade.

I figured out another thing I can do in my mornings to be more productive--do dinner prep.  I had planned to do chicken pepper stir fry for dinner tonight but just didn't have the motivation to get started on prep, plus I was doing another project I was more interested in at the moment.  I think if I do prep in the morning (cutting up the chicken and peppers for tonight's dinner) then it will seem less overwhelming to make dinner.  Sometimes the idea of having to do prep, then cook is a little too much.  But morning prep will help.  The other day I made shredded beef tacos for dinner.  The meat was a crockpot recipe so I did that in the morning then all I had to do at dinner time was make the spanish rice and cook the tortillas. 

That's about it for my day. :)

Good night!
Merilee