Author Topic: Thursday, August 31, 2917  (Read 935 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Thursday, August 31, 2917
« on: August 31, 2017, 07:31:50 AM »
Happy Thursday!

It's the last day of the month and it feels like it just flew by. Where did the month go?

I had a pretty laid back evening last night. We had a simple supper of BLTs and a tiny cup of leftover soup for supper. We then had a short walk because we wanted to get a few groceries.

I mopped the kitchen floor and did a little rearranging of one of my pantry's. I pulled some chicken out of the freezer for dinner tonight. I thought my son had the day off today so I didn't make anything extra for him to put together a lunch. I was wrong because he does have to work today. So Hubby's assignment is to make a deep dish pizza using some fresh peppers, onions, leftover spaghetti sauce and cupboard spices and a piece of mozzarella cheese. That is so our son has something to eat today. Sure, he could make something but I know better what we have and what we can make from all the loose bits around the house. I walked him through making the pizza and it is now in the works. I couldn't do it because I have to work.

The weather has been nice here in W. Michigan but my heart is so heavy for the devastation in Texas.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Thursday, August 31, 2917
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 08:15:53 AM »
Good Morning Alice and any who may follow.

My day will be a low key day.  I have one load of laundry in the dryer, so I need to get those folded and put away. 

There are a few things that are thrown on a table or a counter that need to be dealt with.  Trying to keep the clutter to a minimum. Or at least keep some kind of handle on it. 

I have a couple of things to order for the wedding.  Will do that today to check those off my list.  Had a nice chat with son and his fiancee last night, so I think things are mostly under control. 

Yesterday I got my 3 mile walk in with my friend.  It was a nice day for walking, but it did warm up quite a bit in the afternoon.  I think we are expecting pretty nice weather for the next few days.  I am grateful for that, and am too heartbroken for those in Texas, Alice. 
Hoping to be able to walk tonight after dinner.  I have had little motivation for that as of late, but I know I need to get back at it more consistently.

Merilee: I hope your meal prep mornings help you feel more prepared and at ease with making dinners.  It is a great idea.  The crockpot is a great idea too.  I love using a crockpot! 
I need to come up with dinner for tonight.  -- I really need to get back to menu planning!  It makes everything go so much more smoothly!

Hope everyone has a great day!  Enjoy this last day of August! --  :o :o :o
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Thursday, August 31, 2917
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 09:47:00 PM »
Good evening!

My days are going more and more smoothly as I figure out things that will help me do what I need to do while working nearly full time.  (I work 30 hours a week, and have an hour commute total each day).

This morning I cut up the chicken, peppers and onions for tonight's dinner of chicken pepper stir fry.  It only took about 10 minutes.  It was so nice to have that prep work done!  Next time I do this I will also mix up the sauce for the chicken.  Then all I have to do is cook the peppers/onions, cook the chicken, add the sauce, make rice and a green salad.  It was especially nice because immediately after school I had to run to Costco to get two bags of green salad and two bunches of bananas for the football team dinner.  I planned to drop off the food at the school cafeteria but no one was there so I just went home, then came back an hour later.  So that shifted my schedule over a little but but because of my earlier prep, dinner still didn't take too long and I didn't feel overwhelmed.

Tomorrow is a short day at school and then it's a 3 day weekend for Labor Day!  I do plan to rest and relax but I also have a long list of things I hope to accomplish.  The two most important things are to get the house back in order--getting all the boxes and containers emptied and clearing out the forest in the backyard.  Other things I'd like to get done:  tidy up the garage, clean out my car, get an oil change for my car, get my hair cut, do some advance meal prep, watch a movie.

Good night!
Merilee