Author Topic: Friday, Sept. 1, 2017  (Read 1278 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Friday, Sept. 1, 2017
« on: September 01, 2017, 09:00:48 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!!

Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Friday, Sept. 1, 2017
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 09:16:28 AM »
Sept. First!  That's right, I said it.  SEPTEMBER!!! 

Where oh where have you gone, Summer my friend????

Now is the time for all good Mother's of the Groom to panic!!!  LOL!!  I said I would be good until the calendar turned to September.  It was easier to maintain my cool when we were not yet in wedding month!! 
All in all - things seem to be well under control.  I just need to focus on what we are doing, and not keep thinking "we could have done this or we should have done that".  I'm sure it will all come together.  22 days and counting!

Not too much happening here after all today.  Had some plans for lunch with hubs, but he decided to go to a different event, so that is off.  Fine by me.  I am trying to get my weight back in check, and the last thing I needed to do was go out to lunch.  I have struggled all of August, and am back to being focused, so I need to keep at it. 

We walked almost 4 miles last night.  It was nice, but we got a little bit of a late start, so it was almost dark when we finished.  I can't believe how much shorter the days are already.  Another sign of the changing seasons. 

I have a pot of beans cooking for dinner and to make burritos for college son.  He is on his way home today. For a hot minute.  We probably won't see much of him.  He, our other son and the best man are meeting our groom and his fiancee's brother (also in the wedding) in Pittsburgh for a Pirates game.  This is what his bachelor party consists of.  Pittsburgh is about half way between here and Richmond VA where my son now lives.  I'm sure they will have a great time.  The whole wedding party (guys anyway) are former baseball players and huge fans, so this is totally normal for a bachelor party for this group!  I know college son has to be back for school and baseball practice on Tuesday, so he will probably skid through here on Monday, grab some food and head back to South Bend.
At least I can get a quick hug!  Haven't seen him since the end of July.  Time just flies by!!

Like I said, not too much happening here.  I can see a couple windows need a little attention, so will take care of those.  Wouldn't hurt to vacuum real quick as well.

Have a wonderful holiday weekend all!  (Although, I don't know why we celebrate the end of Summer by having a holiday!)  Even though I know it is to celebrate laborers, it seems like it is more of a "here - the summer is over - holiday.  ??? :( ???

Take care!!
Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 09:59:27 AM »
Hi Pam,

I'm kind of having a not so good day. Daughter in Italy is having trouble getting her credit card to work for cash. I don't get it at all. Everyone says the problem is not on their end....blah, blah, blah. She is so fed up. So am I.

I made dinner after work last night--roast chicken legs and a chicken and wild rice soup in my instant pot. That was delicious. We went for our walk and went 5.9 miles and 14, 355 steps. I couldn't figure out why my knee started to hurt. Hubby wants us to lengthen our walks but I really just want to stick to 4 miles and he doesn't understand. I was whipped.

I have a whole list of stuff that needs to be done over the weekend. Most of it I will do and some hubby needs to help me with. The back yard project is starting next Thursday. There is just tons of lava rock that I want all removed and we tried to dig it out ourself but the more we dug, the deeper it went. We were not making progress so we now have to hire it all out. Not in the plan but as I get older I just cannot walk on lava rock because I will break an ankle. It's an expensive project but it has to be done.

It was a cold night last night and this morning the house was so chilly inside and we didn't even think to shut the windows. Both cats crawled up with us on our bed which they only do when they are cold!

I also felt like the summer just got away from me. Probably because I didn't get to enjoy it. Blah, I think I need a time-out or something. I am crabby today!

Nothing more for me today.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Rooney

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 12:17:48 PM »
Hi Pam and Alice. :)

It is a super gloomy day outside here today.  Only 65 degrees and raining!  That is different.  We are just having school today and I will try to get caught up on laundry for the day. 

Went to the chiropractor yesterday and he worked on my foot.  He didn't do x-ray though and I mentioned it several times. After asking me questions and working on my foot and leg for 30 minutes or so, he is still of the same opinion that it is tendon related and not a fracture.  I really respect his opinion because we have been going to him for 20 years and he has ALWAYS helped whatever is wrong.  For some reason though, I just have this feeling that there is something bone related wrong with my foot and I still feel that way.  He said not to do the exercise that caused it and to stay off of it as much as possible until it is better.  I just have this feeling it isn't going to just "get better".

Pam, please tell me they haven't changed traditions where the grooms family plans and pays for the weddings now too, instead of just the brides?!! :o

Alice, hubby tossed and turned last night and kept me awake as well.  I am trying not the join the CRABBY CLUB with you. ;)

So do any of you have any special Labor Day weekend plans? 

Lindsay

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2017, 04:56:26 PM »
"Pam, please tell me they haven't changed traditions where the grooms family plans and pays for the weddings now too, instead of just the brides?!! :o"

No - just our situation with this one, because bride & groom lived in Myrtle Beach when they got engaged in Jan., and then moved to Richmond, VA around Easter, yet decided to have the wedding here in MI as opposed to in her hometown in SC. 
That left me to do a lot of leg work and help with arrangements, since I am the one here in town. 

I kept saying "I'm the boy's mom!!  This isn't suppose to be my responsibility!!"  Our soon to be dil is way easy going, but has a hard time making decisions, so that is where I have been helping with ideas for decor/etc. 

Her Daddy is paying for most everything, except we are in charge of the rehearsal dinner as tradition dictates.  We have helped out with a few things here and there where we could. 

Hope your foot ailment gets better.  Maybe you should go in for an x-ray if your gut is telling you to.  Sometimes you have to follow your gut!!

Pam
Wife of 32 years