Author Topic: Wednesday, Sept. 6, 2017  (Read 1002 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Wednesday, Sept. 6, 2017
« on: September 06, 2017, 06:33:57 AM »
Good Morning,

It sure is cool out this morning.  Brrr.

We had a very slow and easy going day and night yesterday. I made baked chicken legs, squash/stuffing casserole and sauteed cinnamon apples for dinner. Mom and Dad came over and mom was walking slow and with her cane. What? Is? Going? On? She said her butt and hip was hurting. She didn't fall or anything. It must be a tight muscle or something. She was very unsteady on her feet. I wish they hadn't come over because she was very uncomfortable but she said "it's your anniversary...".

We missed our walk because after we got done visiting it started to rain. I wasn't going to push the visit to shorten it either. They  talked about their daughter-in-law with the brain tumor. She is in the hospital so often with all kinds of problems and now that she is totally blind and her brain is very compromised, she really can't go home. So she's going to a rehab. faciltity that also does long term care. I don't know how long she will be there but it is so sad. Only 55 years young and it's so hard because they don't qualify for Medicare or Medicaid and the financial strain of all the hospital visits, rehab facility's and everything else is much more than my brother can afford. He still works FT because he isn't old enough to retire but it isn't enough to pay his bills. There really isn't much out there for someone in their situation.

My daughter is sick in Honduras with a bad sore throat and body aches. This mom wants to help but I can't. The other daughter is homesick, has roommates that come in noisily at 4 or 5 am waking the whole place up and my daughter hates that. They poke fun of "the little Christian girl" which only makes her want to come home.

Please just say a prayer for these young lady's as my heart is breaking. Deb is the SIL with the brain tumor. Hannah is my daughter in Honduras and Jesse is my daughter in Italy.

I'm having a hard day...

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Wednesday, Sept. 6, 2017
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 10:43:24 AM »
Oh Alice - I hope things start to look up for your girls and that your sister in law's husband can find some comfort and peace with everything.  Hopefully these experiences will make your daughters even stronger both in their faith, and in their resolve.  Will keep all 3 ladies in prayer as well as you. 

My day is going as usual.  Weight watchers meeting, walking, and lunch so far.  I have been so diligent about getting back to my goal weight, or should I say within 2 pounds of my goal weight to be able to be free for the month of September.  Things looked good yesterday when I weighed myself, and then this morning I was up a pound.  :-[  I wasn't too sure what was going to happen, but when I got on that evil box ( ;D) at the meeting, I was right on the dot where I needed to be.  So, I was relieved to be free for the month!!  Yay me!  But, now I need to not go crazy and eat ice cream and donuts for every meal for the next week!  Although, that does sound kind of good! LOL!

Now, I need to do a few quick things around the house.  Mainly dusting, vacuuming, and whatever else needs to be put away and dealt with that I run into.

Dinner is meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans and watermelon.  Should be pretty quick and easy.

I have a few research things to work on this afternoon.  Nothing too time consuming I am hoping.

Hope everyone is having a good day.  Would love to hear from the rest of you, wouldn't we Alice??
Pam   8)
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Rooney

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 01:20:58 PM »
Alice, I will definitely pray for your SIL and brother!  What a sad situation.  Your brother sounds like a wonderful man the way he is standing by her and doing the best he can.  Hope things get better for your daughter too.  Shame on those roommates of hers!! >:(

Pam, yay for no pay....on the weightwatchers that is! ;D  My mom did weightwatchers when I was a kid.  Please, please,  say they no longer have LIVER WEDNESDAYS!!  Yuck!  I did NOT sign up for weightwatchers as a child, so I think it should NOT have been liver Wednesdays for me as well.  Bury it in your potatoes and you won't taste it...MY FOOT! :P  I don't think I could cover liver in anything and not taste it. :P :P Can you tell I am not a liver lover??lol

Today is a normal day for us.  School, straightening, and what laundry I can get done with the little bit of detergent that is left.  Have to get more tonight.  Other than that not much.  Not even sure what is for supper.  Nothing sounds good lately.  It really cooled off today and is in the 60's.  Wonder if summer is actually gone for this year.  Am thinking this week of all the people that will be affected by this new hurricane and the one that is following it.

Sorry nothing exciting going on here today.

Lindsay

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 03:00:13 PM »
 ;D No liver Wednesdays or any other day on Weight Watchers anymore Lindsay!  **I don't think I would be up for that kind of plan!  I don't really like being told what to do!   ;)
And, I agree, you would need a mountain of potatoes to hide that stuff!

I too am concerned for all those effected by Hurricane Harvey, Hurricane Irma, and all those fires out West.  It is such a disaster right now. I think this global climate change thing is going to be something that really needs to be watched. 

Have a good evening everyone!!
Pam :-*
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25