Author Topic: Thurs. Sept. 7, 2017  (Read 759 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Thurs. Sept. 7, 2017
« on: September 07, 2017, 06:52:28 AM »
Good morning!

Today is the start of the last project around the house. It is the landscaping problem. Lava rocks all over the place. I will be grateful when all that lava rock is removed. Just walking on it to get to the water spicket is a broken ankle just waiting to happen. But I'm nervous as well. Lots of underground things like gas line, electric line, phone line, sprinkling system and I just don't want any of them to get knicked. That's why we hired it out.

We had a wonderful pot of Instant Pot spaghetti last night. I gave half of it to my neighbor who hasn't been feeling well. Single mom with two kids. I hope they liked it. I am amazed that you can add your sauce as well as an entire jar of water and the spaghetti noodles and have a very rich sauce. You would think it would be diluted but it's not. The noodles don't clump together either! I had some italian sausage on got on the reduced price and that is what I put in there for meat. I had a little bit of pork that I boiled off the bone of a roast and threw that in also. My homegrown basil was added and that spaghetti was so good. I use homemade sauce this time that I made on Monday and froze. I still added equal amount of water to sauce and it was thick and juicy.

We went to my parents last night and dad gave me another huge amount of tomatoes. I don't have room in my freezer so I just don't know what I'm going to do with them. I will have to find a place to put them. Hubby wants tomato soup so that will be on the agenda probably for the weekend. I might just rent some freezer space from my MIL. She has a big freezer and has jugs of water in there to fill it up.

I have no idea what to make for dinner tonight. Maybe BLTs since we have so many fresh tomatoes. Eating those are so seasonal that we might as well while we have everything. I might have to make a small batch of soup too as a filler.

It's quite chilly here this morning. Yesterday was chilly and the it rained. We did go for our walk around 7 pm and had to wear sweatshirts! I'm just not ready for that season yet.

How is your day shaping up? Would love to hear about it!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Thurs. Sept. 7, 2017
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 07:15:50 AM »
Good Morning!

Another fall like day here.  Only 50* here with a high of 67.  Hoping the rain they are speculating on isn't all day long.  Hoping to get a good walk in at some point.  Will probably have to do on my own, and will need to think about when to actually do it.

We are going to the local minor league baseball game tonight. It is the playoffs, so it should be fun.  I am hoping it isn't raining, or too cold.  Either way, we will dress for it, and hope for the best.

Thinking of all those in the path of Hurricane Irma.  It looks like people are taking it seriously and getting out.  I think maybe because they just have seen the devastation of Hurricane Harvey.   Just keeping all those people in prayer, and hoping they have somewhere to go. 

Not much on the schedule for me today.  I have a chiropractor appointment this afternoon.  I thought it was last week, (which I thought was weird) but it is actually this afternoon.  Will do that, and then see if there is anything in that area that I need to do while I am there.  I can't think of anything right now, but will think on it.

I need to run to hobby lobby or Michaels to grab some ribbon.  My son's best friend died in a car accident about 7 years ago, and the best man in the wedding is going to wear a remembrance ribbon for him.  I said I would make it, so will need to get that done and checked off my to do list.

Dinner tonight is leftovers.  We have meatloaf and mashed potatoes, and some soup, so we have some things to choose from. 
Hope everyone has a great day!
Alice: hope your landscaping project goes as planned.  That was so nice of you to share your dinner with your neighbor! I'm sure she was very appreciative. 

Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Rooney

Re: Thurs. Sept. 7, 2017
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 10:35:45 AM »
Good morning ladies!

It is so pretty outside today! :)  Lower to mid seventies and sunny with just a slight breeze.  We will be finishing our school work out in the backyard.  To beautiful to be cooped upside all day! :)  I will probably run in and out shifting laundry around and might even clean the floors while they aren't inside to track them up.  I am already on my third load of laundry for the day, still at least 3 more to go.  I have cleaned several bathrooms and had the boys sweep the floor and mow the backyard.  Also got a shower, fixed an early lunch, and have a coffee cake baking in the oven.  What is wrong with me? ??? :)  May take my Trim Healthy Mama book outside to read while I help with school questions.

Other than I don't know.  Hubby is sick :P.  People keep coming up into his office sick one after another and he caught something.  Of course he had to go to work anyway.  I don't think the man has taken a "sick day" in his whole life.  So I am trying my best to keep the rest of us from getting it by washing our sheets and pillows every day and disinfecting all doorknobs, faucets, and light switches.  But I fear it is inevitable is that we will all be sick, and probably over the beautiful weekend we are supposed to have.

I would like to get out and work with the horses today.  I am getting to really love one of them.  He is an absolutely gorgeous palamino gelding named Beau.  One of the most beautiful horses I have ever been on.  All of the horses are getting used to all of us.  So much so that they will lay down in the field when we are standing right beside them, which is not something a horse normally does because they don't like a human to be higher than they are that close.  There is a pretty sorrel gelding and also and black and white gelding that kind of looks like a wild mustang.  He only has three right now, so we might look into getting a few more next summer.  We'll see.

Have fun at that game pam! :)

Alice, now I want a BLT! :)

Lindsay