Author Topic: Fri. Sept. 8, 2017  (Read 1096 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Fri. Sept. 8, 2017
« on: September 08, 2017, 09:50:54 AM »
Good Morning for a few minutes yet anyway.

I'm home for the rest of the day. Getting the backyard project started today after yesterday's rain delay.

Pam, If you're on today do you have a good recipe for black beans? Should I cook them like pinto beans with all the seasonings? I will use them in a corn/black bean salad but I would think having them seasoned nicely would be good wouldn't it?

Not much going on at home today. I'm just being here in case the guys working need something and we want to make sure they don't hit something underground.

No meal plan for today yet.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Fri. Sept. 8, 2017
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 10:10:07 AM »
Shoot Alice!  We were posting at the same time!  I was going to move my post over to yours, but I can't figure out if there is an easy way to do that.   ::)

For black beans, I usually use chicken broth, cumin, onion powder, garlic, salt & pepper, and then I use a good bit of chopped onions, and dried cilantro. 

Hope your yard project goes off without a hitch!

Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Rooney

Re: Fri. Sept. 8, 2017
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 05:13:13 PM »
Hi girls! :)

Finally able to pop on here for a minute.  It has been another gorgeous day here and the weekend is supposed to be even better.  70's and sunny!  We have been outside most of the day, other than coming in to keep laundry moving.  Tonight my dad is supposed to be stopping by with some furniture they are getting rid of.  It is only a few years old and doesn't get the wear and tear mine does...so I'll take it! :)  My mom just decided she wanted to remodel everything before she retires, so out with the old and in with the new. :)  Fortunately, the old still looks new. :)  May go out with the horses in a while after supper too.  Spaghetti for supper, nothing major.
We may actually have to go to the grocery after that.  Don't know if we will or will wait till tomorrow. 

Speaking of tomorrow.....I have no idea yet, except the usual Saturday morning of hubby going to work on rentals and me trying to get stuff done around the house and lunch fixed for when he gets back around noon.  After that.....who knows?

Time for supper, at least for the kids.

Lindsay