Author Topic: Monday, Sept. 11, 2017  (Read 925 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Monday, Sept. 11, 2017
« on: September 11, 2017, 07:26:04 AM »
Good Morning,

Today is the anniversary of 9-11. I remember that day quite well. I won't talk about the day except the memory still lives in my heart.

We had a very nice calm weekend. Not much chores but just the calm bustling of enjoying being home. I processed the tomatoes my parents gave me and made a nice supper of homemade tomato sauce with tortellini. On Sat. we went to Horrock's to see if there was anything discounted. We found a whole chicken and pork strips, milk, whipping cream, strawberries, red bell peppers and some dried beans. Most of that stuff was discounted!

We bought some Mayocoba beans since I heard they were milder than pinto but used in the same way. I cooked them in my IP and ate some for supper. Oh, Oh, they gave me a TON of gas. I thought they would be milder. I think I like pinto beans better.

On Sunday we had MIL over for lunch (we have her over every Sunday) and we had mashed sweet potatoes, rotisserie chicken and sauteed cinnamon apples with a salad. It was a really good lunch.

We walked both Sat. and Sun. The weather is changing slowly becoming shorter days and cooler too. The nights have been pretty cool and I don't get cold very easily.

The backyard project is SLOWLY coming along. The guys have other projects and so they skip around from one to the other. I hate that part about projects. I want it done right away but I'll be patient.

How was your weekend?

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Monday, Sept. 11, 2017
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 08:37:34 AM »
Good Morning Alice and any who may follow.

Sounds like a nice weekend Alice!

Mine was kind of a bust, but not in any kind of significant way.  I went out to the mall to find jewelry to go with my dress for the wedding.  Didn't find what I wanted, so came home and ordered it on-line.  Should have just done that in the first place!  Just did some small projects around the house while hubs was out of town. 

I am working on my to do list and prioritizing everything so I don't have major anxiety issues.  I struggle with anxiety anyway,  --trying to keep it under control so I don't completely lose it. 

Today I need to:
Menu plan for the week
Vacuum and dust
Check Refrigerator for things that need to be removed
Create and Prioritize my wedding list and plan

Thinking of the meaning of today Sept. 11th, and in prayer for all those affected by Hurricane Irma as well as Hurricane Harvey and all of the wildfires out west.  There is just so much devastation. 

Will really need to get out and walk today just to keep my mind in a good place. 
Some music might help with that instead of news channels.

Hope everyone has a great day.  The sun is shining here, and I am so grateful for that!
Pam

Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Rooney

Re: Monday, Sept. 11, 2017
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 12:58:29 PM »
Hi Alice and Pam. :)

We had on Ok weekend, I guess.  Hubby is still super sick, so the kids and I didn't want to go anywhere in the van with him coughing in such an enclosed space.  I am thinking that was smart, because the poor guy was up coughing until early morning.  I try to take care of him, but he is a difficult one to care for.  He finally broke down and used cough drops, but if it doesn't get better soon, I may have to drag him to the walk-in clinic myself!

It was an absolutely beautiful weekend!  70's and sunny both days.  We got to ride horses both days! :) :)  The kids are enjoying it so much and really learning quickly!  Trying to enjoy this weather before it is gone!  We also scooped up some horse manure for the plant beds in the greenhouse.  Need to get some new start trays and get the lettuce and kale going asap.  I finally got around to making my vitacost order last night, so that is out of the way.  Now need to figure out if I am going to place an Azure order this month because cutoff is tomorrow.

Today is school, possibly the rest of it out in the backyard on the picnic table for the rest of the afternoon.  Other than that, the usual endless laundry will be tackled throughout the afternoon.  Need to figure out dinner.  Those of you with the menus have so much inspiration to cook!  I am finding I have none lately!  Like nothing sounds appealing, so I am not inspired to cook.  We do have a birthday in the house tomorrow, so I will need to bake a cake for that.  Hubby was planning to run by our grocery after work to pick up as many watermelons as he can before they are completely gone, and they almost are! A sign of fall!! Not much else going on here today.  We are so boring! ;D

Alice, most of our home was built that way, where they were working on other homes at the same time, I didn't like it either, but on the plus side it allowed time for my husband and dad to do pretty much everything except the basement and the outer walls themselves and saved us a lot, I mean like over half.  At least they haven't hit any lines though right??  That is a good thing. :)  When we were building the greenhouse, we had the company "Before You Dig" to come out and mark the lines, but they marked them wrong!  Hubby hit the electric line with a bobcat using their lines as the guide and it went clear through the line and it ruined both my ovens inside when it did! 

Pam, hope you can get that walk in and be out in this wonderful weather, if it is good weather up there where you are right now. :)

Well, it has taken me almost an hour to post this over lunch break because I have gotten called away 7 or 8 times.  Off to finish school for me.

Lindsay