Author Topic: Tuesday, Sept. 12,2017  (Read 1117 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Tuesday, Sept. 12,2017
« on: September 12, 2017, 08:19:51 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!

8)   :)   8)
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Tuesday, Sept. 12,2017
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 08:43:28 AM »
Hello Ladies.

Hope you all have had a great day so far.  I am getting a late start, and kind of lost so far!  I did get the last load of laundry into the dryer, and folded what was in there, so I am not totally off.  I need to make a to do list for my day.  I really should do that before going to bed at night.  I probably would sleep better if I did!

Did I menu plan yesterday?  Nope - no I did not.  So, I guess that would be item number one thing for me.  Yesterday we ended up meeting one of hubs colleagues and had dinner out.  Then we went to the movies.  We saw "Home Again" with Reese Witherspoon.  I really thought it was going to be good, but it just was ok.  It just didn't come together the way it could have.  So, that was a little disappointing. 
One movie I am looking forward to seeing is "Victoria and Abdul" with Judi Dench.  We had watched the first season of the series "Victoria on Masterpiece" on PBS.  She is an interesting historical character, so I am looking forward to seeing this movie that is more in her later years I think. 

After getting laundry all folded, I will need to get that all put away.
It is another nice day out.  Might do a walk this afternoon since I have been having trouble sticking to the plan of walking after dinner as of late!  ::)  It's actually going to get quite warm later, so going to the park might be the best option since it is quite shaded and along the river, so it's usually more comfortable there.

I have some research to do on line.  Something to take my mind off of wedding anxiety.  So many things that can't be handled until last minute.  That messes with my nerves, because I tend to be a pre-planner to the nth degree!

Hope everyone has a great day!  Would love to hear what you are all up to!
Pam

Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 12:55:59 PM »
Howdy!

Pam--a to-do list and a menu--what an interesting concept! I might need to try that. I don't know what those things are but it's worth trying!

Last night there was no menu so my intentions were to have leftovers from the weekend. I open the fridge door expecting a packed fridge (it really was packed full Sunday night!) and it's almost empty--WHAT?! Apparently there were some very good lunches and packed suppers because I had one chicken leg, a few pieces of deboned chicken, some broth, a few pieces of turkey bacon and pretty much nothing else. There went the dinner plan. I knew I had some smoked sausage in the freezer so I went to find them--GONE! WHAT? Well, I do know that my men eat those like crazy for breakfast and lunch (when I'm gone). OK, there went dinner idea number 2 right out the window. So, I went to Save-A-Lot and bought some and chopped an onion, a red pepper, some of the bacon, the sausage, the leftover chicken and sauteed them with a can of cream of mushroom soup, the broth and some milk and poured it over macaroni that I had cooked. Put a leftover piece of cheese that I had shredded altogether in a casserole pan and baked it for 30 to 40 minutes. All the little bits of food that was not enough for a meal was used in the name-less casserole and served as dinner. There! That's what you all get.  Secretly, shhhh, it tasted delicious!

OK, we then had lots of odds and ends to do and took a shorter than normal walk but it still was 8500 steps so it wasn't so bad.

Back to the menu, I don't have a plan for tonight but since I hadn't planned anything, it will probably be something in the instant pot. I wonder if I can do a roast on the bottom and baked potatoes on a rack on top...will try to research that.

That's my day!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Rooney

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 01:53:40 PM »
Good afternoon, friends! :)

Today is as usual, another full day of school.  We do have a birthday in the house today, but likely won't be having company for that as we still have sickness in the house.  Hubby is still sick with a bad cough and yesterday informed me that he thinks he has a cracked tooth.  Normally, he would just go to the dentist, but it is impossible to have dental work done when you can't stop coughing.  So that will have to wait a bit.  Just hope it doesn't get any worse.  Other than school I am going through the house throughout the day wiping down anything dirty, which seems to be pretty much everything. :P  Just about done with all the laundry because I need detergent again.  May work on some organizing projects today as well.  I don't know what it is about fall, but it is like spring to me when it comes to wanting to clean.  Anyone else do that?

Speaking of menus, which it is still a mystery to me as to how anyone is able to stick to one.  Praise to you if you are able to!  I was watching The Encouraging Homeschool Mom this morning on youtube and she is amazing at menu planning.  Not just menu planning for a big family, but also monthly freezer cooking as well.  She takes one day a month, the day after their monthly big shopping trip and has a freezer cooking day.  She has all her kids on stations working on a different meal all at the same time.  I think she said they made 40 different frezzer meals for their family of 10 in one day!  I am seriously considering trying this.  She even makes PB&J's for the freezer so she has them for outings and quick breakfasts when she needs them.  Wonderful channel.

May try and fit in a workout tonight.  Biked on recumbent bike last night .  Tonight will either be the same or a long arm workout.  See how much energy I have when that rolls around. ;)

Gotta get back at it!

Have a great rest of the afternoon Pam and Alice! :)

Lindsay