Author Topic: Wednesday, Sept. 13, 2017  (Read 1088 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Wednesday, Sept. 13, 2017
« on: September 13, 2017, 06:36:19 AM »
Hi and Good Morning, everyone!

It's a bit overcast this morning and a bit dark...rain, perhaps.

I slept well last night and a much needed sleep. My days are always so full from the time I get up until the time I fall into bed. It's the same routine every day but so very full!. Not complaining, though.

The new patio is in and it looks wonderful. Now the landscaping around the patio and around the east side of the house. I am so ready for this project to be done. We have a glass topped table from out other house that is in the barn that has an umbrella. We haven't used this in 4 years because we had no patio. The umbrella is 23 years old and was really showing its age. But we kept it anyway. Same with the glass topped table. We are planning to use this on our new patio next year. But I decided to look for a new end-of-season umbrella and found one. Not terribly reduced but still OK. We won't use it this year anymore. I'm also looking for new pots for my flowers and herbs for next year since mine are very old and cracking. 

So, I didn't have a menu plan for supper last night but the instant pot came to the rescue again. I got a piece of tough meat from the freezer and some Mexican spicy cooking sauce and threw it in the IP for a nice tender spicy brisket-like meal. I made cornmeal waffles to go with it and the last of the salad from Sunday. Now, if only I can find time in my day to menu plan....

We got a short walk in last night in addition to all the walking at stores looking for umbrellas. The walking at stores really shouldn't count because it was more of a casual walk and not a walk for distance.

I'm excited for our weekend getaway. We have never done this before in all our 31 years of marriage. We always took kids when they were younger for mini-vacations and full vacations but we have never gone anywhere together overnight. In fact, we haven't had a proper vacation in 7 years. These have been the most expensive years of our life as we elected private education from K-college that we wanted to help pay for and for all 3 children. It was our choice but the consequence was no vacation. We have had all three kids out of the house for a semester where we were home with just the two of us and we have gone out for dinner just the two of us but never a getaway.

Well, that is all for me. How's your day coming along.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Wednesday, Sept. 13, 2017
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 12:11:40 PM »
Good Afternoon Alice and anyone else who may pop by.

My day has been normal with a few bumps.  Normal ww meeting, and then walked 3 miles with my friend, and lunch.

Was suppose to meet up with hubs to go to a meeting to settle a couple of wedding details, but he was able to do that over the phone, so that didn't have to happen. 

So, now I need to readjust my day.  Menu planning - yes, Alice, still on my to do's!  I think that is one of those things you kind of have to be in the mood to work on.  Could today be my day???? 
We had chicken stir fry last night. 

We are in that weird time of year weather wise.  Really quite cold in the mornings (I think it was about 50 this morning), and then can warm up quite a bit during the day. I think it is suppose to be around 80 today.  Makes it hard to know how to dress for the day.

Where did you decide to go for your getaway Alice? I must have missed that tidbit along the way.  I'm sure you will enjoy it wherever you are headed!

Hope everyone has a great day - what's left of it!!  Enjoy!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 12:52:25 PM »
going to Shipshe to enjoy a show--The Fabulous Four!
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 04:02:51 PM »
Sounds fun Alice!  I'm sure you will enjoy every minute!

(and, this does kind of sound familiar, so I think I did read this at some point!!)   ;D

Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25