Author Topic: Thursday, Sept. 14, 2017  (Read 1228 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Thursday, Sept. 14, 2017
« on: September 14, 2017, 08:30:10 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!!   8)   :D   8)
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Thursday, Sept. 14, 2017
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 08:46:21 AM »
Good Morning to any who may stop by!

I am getting a hugely late start today.  I slept terribly until around the hours of 6-8 am.  Oh my!  I really overslept.  I think I needed it though.  A lot of sleepless nights as of late with so much going on in my mind.  Wish I could just turn it off sometimes!

My list today is running around.  Need to pick up a few groceries while the things I need are still on sale.  I am putting together a "survival kit" for the wedding day, so I need to collect some things for that.  Will figure out what I have around here, and what I need to get while I am out to get that put together.

There's always general pick up to do around the house.  Not sure how that happens, but it always seems to! 

Not sure what else is happening here.  Dinner is ..... let me check my menu plan ..... huh, I still haven't done that!   ::)  Will hopefully find some inspiration for tonight at least at the grocery store.  I'm really stinking at this menu thing these days!  I have every intention of getting something pulled together, but -- yeah, not winning on that game as of yet!! 

Hope everyone has a great day!  Hubby won't be home until around 6:30, so we will be having a later dinner.  It will probably be to late to walk after that since it is getting dark so early, but maybe we can get a short walk in immediately after we eat.  Maybe I can get a short walk in on my own this afternoon, and that way, once I add them together, it will be somewhat significant!  Need to keep walking, because we are going on a hiking trip in the Upper Peninsular of MI later in October. Want to make sure I am prepared for that.

It is suppose to get into the high 80's today, and humidity is around 95%, so wow, it might be rather uncomfortable! 
Enjoy your day!!  Would love to hear from many many of you today!!

Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline Rooney

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 12:13:40 PM »
Hi Pam. :)

Sounds like you have a full day planned today! 

Got up this morning to the dog having gotten sick all over both the main floor and the upstairs. :P :P  She either ate some "people food" that didn't agree with her or found something around the farm while she was outside. Sprung for the expensive, prescription grade, allergen free, dog food for her and it evidently isn't good enough. :P So got that wiped up, but will still need to mop, pretty much the entire house, with vinegar water all that this afternoon.  Hoping I can get a little help with that.

Other than that we are very deep in school everyday now.  Lots of learning going on around here!  Loving to see them learn and progress. :)  I actually have over half of the laundry done for the day already.  Thinking on dinner already and nothing sounds good. 

Pam, the menu planning thing is a mystery to me.  I mean I watch people explain how they make theirs and it just never works for me.  Yesterday I decided to make a huge list of every food item we every buy and then designated a letter beside it so I could tell where we bought each item.  Now I need to regroup them based on where they are bought and type them out.  This makes shopping easier, but not meal planning. ??? :P  Maybe I am just meant to fly by the seat of my pants right now.  I guess that is good for me in some areas, since I tend to over-plan EVERYTHING.  If I am organized and over-plan, it cuts down on anxiety for me.  I think I might be able to follow a meal plan if I have a bunch of freezer meals cooked and labeled, but that is probably the only way.  I guess I miss the point in it, because what if you don't feel like eating what is on your menu plan that day?  I never know what I will feel like eating. ???

Today it is warming up again back up into the mid 80's or so, but it is terribly muddy from the rain we got yesterday, so we probably won't get outside, unless it is out in the greenhouse to work a bit.  That really does need to be done.  We have some compost tumblers that need to be emptied into the plant bed so they can set for a while before anything is planted in them. 

Looks like I will be adding something else to my plate.  We recently expanded the housing business and I now will be the one keeping up with the administrative end of it.  Shouldn't be to difficult though because hubby found a computer program for me to keep it all straight.

This weekend is supposed to be warm and sunny again, so I will hope to get out with the horses all weekend.  Sorry if I bore you guys with all the talk about our horses, but this rodeo girl would ride everyday if it was possible! :)  The kids seem to have horsin' in them as well, because they seem to love it.  One day I would like to pro rodeo again and fully intend to! It is a sport with no age limit, because the number one rider in the sport is almost 70 and boy is she something to watch! :o  The kids said when they get good enough they would like to compete in the horse shows, so it is something our family could do together. :)

Well I just keep rambling on about this and that today with really no point to any of it.  I will get off here and back to what I need to be doing with the rest of the day.  Pam, I really wish some of our other friends would stop by again as well.  With the few of us on here now, we might as well just call each other. ;D

Lindsay

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 12:48:15 PM »
Good to see you Lindsay!

I had a total handle on the menu planning world when my boys were home.  It really was a defensive move for me!  They were walking out the door for school and would say "what's for dinner tonight?"  -- It drove me crazy, and instead of lashing out at them, I figured, if I had a menu plan posted on the fridg, they could just check there, and not hound me about it!  It worked really well for us in those days.  Now that it is just me and hubby, (and he is much less demanding in wanting to know what he will be eating 8 hours ahead of time), it just seems harder. 

I did pick up some panko bread crumbs, so I am going with oven baked chicken, mashed potatoes and corn for dinner tonight.  One day at a time for now I guess!

Love hearing about your "horsin' around"!  You sound so passionate about it, and it is awesome to hear your excitement!  I would love to see videos of that 70 something rodeo girl!  What is her name?  Do you think there is something on youtube about her??
Hope you get a chance to get out there tonight or this weekend (or both).  So great it can be such a family activity!!

Talk to you soon!!
Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline Rooney

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 01:30:06 PM »
Yes Pam! There are actually lots of youtube videos of her.  Her name is Mary Burger.  It may not look like they are going that fast on video, but once you hear the times, you know they are flyin' at a scary speed!

Try these two to see her in action.
Mary Burger 68 Year Old Professional Barrel Racer | NFR 2016 | Round 7 

Mary Burger Calgary Stampede Barrel Racing 2016

It is my dream (and probably most other female barrel racers) to get good enough to compete against any of the ladies that qualify for the NFR and Calvary Stampede!  She's 70 this year, so I've still got time to try. ;)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 01:53:01 PM »
Good LATE afternoon,

Nice to see a few lady's on this nice afternoon.

I have figured out the problem to not being able to meal plan. Or maybe it's just another excuse. Here it is:

The days are too short and we can't get everything in during the daylight therefore no time left to meal plan.

Yup. That's the reason. But Pam, you have the added busyness of wedding planning so you are excused. Lindsay, you have to work with the horses in daylight, so you are excused also. Does anyone want an excuse because I can help with that.

Now, since I didn't meal plan I think I'm having a fried egg for supper. I might put together a taco soup for the men. But I have to volunteer tonight so we'll see if I have time (during the daylight hours) to put together this soup.

I'm taking 1/2 day off tomorrow since the outdoor work is getting finished! Oh, I'm so ready.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats