Author Topic: Friday, Sept. 15, 2017  (Read 1245 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Friday, Sept. 15, 2017
« on: September 15, 2017, 07:28:05 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!!

Ladies??  Ladies??  Are you there?  Can you hear me now?? 

Check in even if it's just a quick - "hi! I'm here!"

;) ;D :D :) 8) :-*
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Friday, Sept. 15, 2017
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 07:44:26 AM »
Hi!  I'm here!   ;)

Quick stop in before I get started on my day. 

I am going to color my hair this morning.  Once that is done and I have pulled myself together, I need to run to the dollar store.  It has been on my list for a couple days, so I am finally getting to it today.  I also need to pop into Aldi to grab a couple of things.

We are headed downtown to the Mexican Festival later this afternoon/early evening.  We will munch our way around the event for dinner.
So, my menu plan for today is done!!  (the menu plan struggle continues!!)  **Thanks to Alice, I have no guilt about this at all!!   ;D

Tomorrow on our agenda is hardcore cleaning of the house.  Son and soon to be wife will be coming in on TH next week, so I figure if we deep clean tomorrow, all should still be good by the time they get here. So that is our focus for tomorrow.  Sunday after church, I will be doing some precooking for wedding morning.  We talked about needing to have something available for breakfast for the wedding party.  I am doing breakfast burritos ahead and will warm through that day.  We will also have muffins, should have leftover fruit from the rehearsal dinner so unless I think of something else, that should cover it.  I'm going to pop the burritos in the freezer until we need them.  Just one more thing to add to my to do's!  No big deal, and hubby will help make those, so that will be a fun activity for us.

Guess that is about all for me.  Suppose to be quite warm yet today.  In the 80's.  I will breathe in every last drop of summer weather that I can!! 
Have a great day all!  Can't wait to see who pops in!
Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline Rooney

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 09:52:22 AM »
Hi Pam!  I'm here too! ;D

Well I seem to be in a cleaning frenzy as of late.  Yesterday afterschool, we mopped all floors.  I did all laundry and put mostly put it away.  I cleaned and disinfected the kitchen, everything except the insides of the fridges and they may get it today!  Had kids spray out the trash cans outside.  We put up a chalkboard, a whiteboard, and a dry erase weatherboard.  Cleaned out a cabinet (supposed to be a china cabinet, but the kids have designated it otherwise) and put their books and dvds neatly in it. Got talking to hubby last night while I was putting laundry away and we decided it was time for a sock and underwear Walmart run.  He volunteered to do it right then! :o  So doesn't sound like a big deal, but it is over $200 for everyone but me.  I like the fancy kind and to get them myself. ;)  So I will get all that washed and put away today.

The dog got sick again this morning, so already the floors have been mopped, carpets steam cleaned, and the dog is getting a bath right now. She has a vet appointment this afternoon to see what the problem is.  That should be expensive, but needed none-the-less  Probably just something she ate, dogs do that kind of thing, but I want to make sure it isn't something more serious. Coupled with husband's dental work Monday it should prove  be an expensive week.   

We have school as usual today and that keeps me busy throughout the day and even into the night with 7 school age now.  Other than that I have a project of getting all of the "stuff" my dh put on top of that china cabinet I was talking about before cleaned off and put away.  He likes to put stuff up high on things instead of putting them where they go.  I keep telling him, "Just because I am shorter than you, doesn't mean I can't see on top of things!!  ;D  "You aren't hiding anything." lol  ;D  I also want to get some other stuff organized today.  Can you tell I am a cleanin' and organizin' fool lately!?

Tomorrow....I would like to see if I can't get some square bales from my dad and maybe some pumpkins and take a picture of the kids.  Also want to get some pictures of them with the horses.  I am thinking this would make a good replacement for the Christmas picture we usually send out.  I will just wait till Christmas time to send them.

Pam, I was just thinking, are those burritos for the morning of the wedding??  I was just thinking that might not be the best breakfast choice for that day.  You don't want the wedding party gassed up for the ceremony! ;D ;D 

Alice, I like you excuse thing for meal planning.  I may use that for all the other things I don't get around to as well. ;) :)

Enough rambling from me!  Have a good day.  I will try to pop on here throughout the day.

Lindsay

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 12:06:52 PM »
You do sound busy Lindsay!  You just keep cleanin' your lil heart out!! 
And - getting underwear for a whole family is crazy expensive!! 

The "burritos" are for the wedding day.  But, they are basically an egg mcmuffin wrapped in a tortilla instead of on an english muffin.
So just eggs, cheese, hashbrowns and sausage (vegetarian sausage since bride is vegetarian).  I think they should be okay.  No beans to cause those issues!  (unless somebody has issues with eggs)  :o
I do have a survival kit in the making to have on hand, so will add some bean-o type product just in case!  Can't be too prepared! 

Hope your photo shoot works out for you.  Sounds really cute!

Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 01:37:57 PM »
Hi, it's afternoon and I took the afternoon off FOR NOTHING. The landscapers cancelled at the last minute and I was home already.

Guess what, they are re-scheduling for TOMORROW! It's our getaway day tomorrow! And they don't normally work on Saturday but because this should have been done already they are doing it tomorrow. There goes our getaway.

I just better get over it. So, since my son had the day off also (I didn't know that), he helped me unload one of the pantry's and we tacked in some shelf liner. The shelving was hastily put together when we moved in and the shelves were bare wood. Hubby was going to finish them but it just has never gotten done so we just tacked in some shelf liner. I'm not terribly picky so I think it's fine. Hubby can still finish them someday if he wants to. It used to be a broom closet but I needed the space for a pantry so hubby put up pilaster shelving with the clips and cut some shelves and then it was done. It gave me a good reason to clean while I was at it. No surprises and no duplicates to be combined.

Nothing else for me today but I suspect tomorrow will be a busy day.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Rooney

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 04:12:10 PM »
Hi, it's afternoon and I took the afternoon off FOR NOTHING. The landscapers cancelled at the last minute and I was home already.

Guess what, they are re-scheduling for TOMORROW! It's our getaway day tomorrow! And they don't normally work on Saturday but because this should have been done already they are doing it tomorrow. There goes our getaway.

I just better get over it. So, since my son had the day off also (I didn't know that), he helped me unload one of the pantry's and we tacked in some shelf liner. The shelving was hastily put together when we moved in and the shelves were bare wood. Hubby was going to finish them but it just has never gotten done so we just tacked in some shelf liner. I'm not terribly picky so I think it's fine. Hubby can still finish them someday if he wants to. It used to be a broom closet but I needed the space for a pantry so hubby put up pilaster shelving with the clips and cut some shelves and then it was done. It gave me a good reason to clean while I was at it. No surprises and no duplicates to be combined.

Nothing else for me today but I suspect tomorrow will be a busy day.

Alice

Oh Boo, Alice!! :(  Are you sure they need you to be there since they are working outside?  I know you were looking forward to that day away.  Will you at least be able to reschedule your outing for sometime soon?? ??? 

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2017, 09:21:29 AM »
Yes we want to be there because we don't know where things are buried under ground like telephone to the barn and underground sprinkling. The good news is that they will be done early so we can still go.
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats