Author Topic: Monday, Sept. 18, 2017  (Read 1089 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Monday, Sept. 18, 2017
« on: September 18, 2017, 05:45:24 AM »
Good Morning Friends!!

Checking in!  How about you???

:)
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Monday, Sept. 18, 2017
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 05:55:26 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!

Busy day -- busy week -- ahead!! 

Today I have a haircut and manicure appointment.  After that, I need to run to Aldi to grab a few things since I didn't do that all weekend.  Not a lot to get, but need to do that today for sure. 

Laundry is on my list, as well as putting together the centerpieces for the rehearsal dinner.  It's nothing too major, but will take a little bit of time, so will get that done today so I can check it off my list.

Trying to remain calm.  Walked 4 miles last night, so that helps.  Will try to do that tonight as well. 

We are having unseasonably warm weather as of late.  In the high 80's yesterday.  Probably low 80's today.  It is quite humid, so that makes you really feel it.  We should be around 70*, so it is really warm for this time of year.  Will stay hot through the weekend.  Good for my southern bridal couple!  I told them "at least it will FEEL like we are in South Carolina" (where the bride is from). 

Hope everyone has a great day!  I need to jump in the shower and pull myself together so I am ready to head out to my appointment.
Would love to hear what you are all up to.

Alice: did you get to go on your day trip?? Would love to hear about it!
Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 06:32:49 AM »
Good morning, Pam and everyone!

I have a busy day planned, but for now I am just sitting here enjoying my coffee while going through my checklist of everything I need to do today.

As soon as Emily finishes breakfast I will get het started doing the school work she can do independently while I straighten up the house.  It's not too bad.  I cleaned a little on Friday and tried to keep it picked up over the weekend.

Also today I will squeeze in the time to can more green beans.  I've lost count of how many quarts I've already canned, but we probably have enough so we can skip growing beans next year.

There is a mountain of laundry to be folded and put away.  Emily can do that for me after she completes her work.  I would like to clean my front porch and get my fall decorations out.  I won't do anything fancy because we have outside cats and they will make it their playground.   Anyway, that's about it for me today. 

Have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 09:14:18 AM »
Good Morning everyone!

Yes, We did get to go on our weekend getaway! It almost didn't happen but the project got done at noon and shortly thereafter we were on our way. It was tight to get everything in but it worked. Our show was pretty good and we enjoyed it a lot.

The weekend (well, only Sat. and Sun.) was all-inclusive so our meals were included. The food was good but hubby said he liked my food better. I felt sluggish after eating the food there and Ii didn't think it tasted all that great in terms of no seasoning. We had breakfast and then headed home on Sunday and we were home by noon.

We did a few things at home and then took our 4.7 mile walk. We weren't abe to do that Sat. at all and we both missed it. But we went in the heat of the day--nearly 87 degrees and terribly humid. But we wanted to get it in. In the evening we went to MIL. She has been feeling a bit down so we knew she needed a nice pick-me-up visit. I think we were successful!

We didn't even have a meal at all during the afternoon and evening since our breakfast buffet held us over nicely.

Tonight I will be making two items--one for dinner and the other as a head start for tomorrow. Tonight will be chicken and tomorrow will be spaghetti sauce and rigatoni in the IP. I have to start using stuff in my freezer since I can hardly close the thing. So the spaghetti sauce will be homemade tonight. The meat will be both ground beef and sausage. I might just make a double batch so we have some premade sauce for something else.

The weather is a very interesting thing. Down south they are flooded and up in Michigan we are so dry and are praying for some rain. Lawns and gardens and flowers are suffering up here.

That's it for me today!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Rooney

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 10:19:11 AM »
Hi girls!

Alice, so glad you got to go on your trip anyway!  Should have made you feel good that your hubby likes your food better too. ;) :)

Pam, sounds like you have everything under control for this week!  You don't sound stressed in the least! :)

Cheryl, so good to hear from you!  Hope you and Emily are doing well! :)

Well, I had a kind of crummy weekend.  That is all I will say about that.  We did take the kids to a park that is out in the country near our home to play late yesterday afternoon and that was nice.  Today is a new day and I have a lot to accomplish still.  Need to get going on it. 

Have a good day, friends.

Lindsay

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 02:46:21 PM »
Yay Alice for getting to take your getaway! That would have been so disappointing if it had fallen through.

Cheryl: you must have had a great crop of beans if you won't need to plant next year.  That is awesome!

Sorry your weekend was a bummer Lindsay.  Hopefully your week is off to a cheerier start.  Hope you are getting a lot accomplished.

Good to hear from you girls!  Enjoy your evening!  See you tomorrow!
Pam
Wife of 32 years