Author Topic: Tuesday, Sept. 19, 2017  (Read 1403 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Tuesday, Sept. 19, 2017
« on: September 19, 2017, 07:50:39 AM »
Good Morning!!

Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Tuesday, Sept. 19, 2017
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 07:58:43 AM »
Hi ladies! 

Hope everyone is off to a great start to your day!  I am looking for some get up and go today.  I haven't slept well the past few nights, so I think I am just a little sleep deprived. 

Looks like it could rain today, but it is just cloudy right now. 

I made my to do list for today last night before going to be hoping it would help ease my mind and allow me to rest, but it didn't help all that much I guess. 
My list includes:
locating a couple of thank you cards for the priest and musical director for wedding
finding a couple of things I still need for the bridal survival kit (mini sewing kit, lip balm)
putting together pictures for rehearsal dinner
manicure/pedicure
folding and putting away load of towels that are in the dryer

None of these should take much time, so I guess I should just jump in and get going!

Not too much else happening here.  Need to figure out something for dinner.  Will have to think on that one. 

Right now, I am going to grab some breakfast and start on my list.
Hope everyone has a great day!!
Pop in and let us know you are here, and what you are up to! 
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 08:03:38 AM »
Hi Pam and anyone else who joins in today.

We had a busy night last night just doing our normal stuff. I made quite a big meal--baked chicken, bacon (had one pkg left and it was so thin, it burned) and IP rigatoni spaghetti. The sauce was homemade and it turned out really well. I made the all in one pot spaghetti for the first time a few months ago and all the spaghetti clumped together. I found out that you have to stir in the dry pasta really well into the sauce and that is the ticket to no clumping. It was a wonderful dish and plenty for tonight!

We took a short walk because hubby wanted to go to a church music practice and no one showed up so we went to visit my parents instead. I haven't been there for a couple of weeks and mom is keeping record of who comes and who doesn't. I've learned to visit often otherwise she says " you haven't been here for a while but your brother was here yesterday and another brother hasn't been her either" and she lists who came and who didn't. Kind of like a naughty and nice list.

But dad gave me 6 butternut squashes and that is the only thing left in his garden and he mowed it all down except for the squash. He's getting it ready for winter. He still has his grape vine and that never gets destroyed. Carrots did poorly so I didn't get any of those. Mom said she has some in her freezer if I need some but those are cheap enough in the store that I can buy those as needed.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 08:57:36 AM »
Good morning, Pam, Alice, and anyone else who ventures this way today.

I'm helping Emily with her math this morning, and some days I get so frustrated.  I just need to remember to take deep breaths and get through this.  :-)

After school is completed I have a small to-do list:
Unload dishwasher
Reload dishes that are dirty
Start chili for supper in the crockpot
Switch laundry from washer to dryer
Start another load of laundry
Work on this week's grocery list
Clean off my front porch

That's about it for me today. 

Oh, almost forgot - Alice, I make the spaghetti in the IP too.  We really like it.  I always add a little extra sauce to mine.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Rooney

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 12:02:34 PM »
Cheryl, just out of curiosity, what kind of math are you guys struggling with?

Lindsay

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 03:10:46 PM »
Lindsay, today she was working on metric units of area.  It's not difficult, but she was making it harder than it had to be.  You gotta love moving those decimal points! Just one of those days. ???  ::)  :D
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Rooney

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2017, 04:26:24 PM »
Making it harder than it is.......gotcha, a few of mine like to do that too. ;)