Author Topic: Wednesday, Sept. 20, 2017  (Read 919 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Wednesday, Sept. 20, 2017
« on: September 20, 2017, 09:09:45 AM »
Good Morning everyone, where are you?

It’s a really beautiful day here in West Michigan. But sadly no rain yesterday and we needed it so badly. We had our project finished but they blew hydroseed that now needs to be watered and kept moist.  It’s so hard to do when it is such a large area our work schedules don’t allow us to be home during the day.

Last night was a creative night in the kitchen. My new goal is to use up half jars of this and little bits of that. I froze a lot of the stuff but the freezers are so packed that now I have to put meals together using all these little bits of this and that.  I was able to make a big pan of wet burritos, and saucepan of pasta alfredo. There is one cooked chicken thigh left and I hope no one eats that for lunch because then tonight I’ll use that for a creamy chicken wild rice soup.

We took a good long walk last night and it was a nice cool evening so we went about 4 miles. It’s kind of crazy but I miss when we don’t walk. I would love to find all kinds of excuses not to walk but then I feel bad when we don’t walk. What happens when winter rolls around and we can’t walk? That’s a bad thought because I know I will miss it.

That is all for me today. How is your day shaping up?

Alice

« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 09:20:02 AM by Alice »
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Wednesday, Sept. 20, 2017
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 10:40:53 AM »
Hi Alice and any others who get a chance to stop by.

My day id going as usual for a Wednesday.  Went to weight watchers meeting, and then walked with my friend.  Just got back from lunch with her.  Trying to keep my schedule as normal as possible not to freak myself out! 

THREE days and counting to the wedding.  Now is when some of the last minute things will start to happen.  I have a list divided into each day, so hopefully we won't miss anything, and all will go smoothly. 

Alice: sounds like you are a champ in the kitchen making something out of bits and pieces!  Good for you!  I miss walking outside when the winter comes as well.  I do walking videos in my living room, but it's not the same as taking a walk with someone else.  My friend and I walk the skywalk downtown during the winter months, so I at least get that once a week. 

My to do list this afternoon isn't too extensive.  Just some finishing up of wedding projects that are only partially done. 
Dinner tonight is tossed salad and ...... and ..... and ...... not sure yet.  That will be my first order of business.  Making a dinner plan so we don't end up ordering pizza! 
I also need to run pick up thank you cards for the priest and musician.  I was suppose to do that on my way home and totally forgot!  ::)
Will go do that now since I remembered now! 

Hope everyone has a great day!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25