Author Topic: Monday, Sept. 25, 2017  (Read 958 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Monday, Sept. 25, 2017
« on: September 25, 2017, 07:14:22 AM »

Goooooood Morning Ladies!!

:)   ;D   :)
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Monday, Sept. 25, 2017
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 07:42:25 AM »
Hello Ladies!! 

What a wonderful weekend!  Everything with the wedding went off without a hitch - well at least hitches we couldn't roll with!

Hitch one: Mother of the bride had a bit of an attitude that they chose to have the wedding in Michigan and not SC. She made a point to tell everyone she could that "this wedding should have been in Charleston".  Ok -- nobody in their family even LIVE in Charleston, and you are telling mostly people who are from Michigan or were happy to travel to Michigan for the couple, so it didn't go over well.  Ignoring was the best way to deal with that.  ::)  (bride is not close w mom, and didn't want her too involved, so that ticked her off too)

Hitch two: because of the extreme heat that is not normal, another church family decided to move their wedding into the gathering hall at the church.  Not a big deal, but the bridal room was blocked off in part of that hall. So, we had to have everything out of that room and removed BEFORE our 1:00 wedding started so they could prep the area for their 2:00 wedding.  :o  I called a couple of my girlfriends that were happy to come, help gather stuff and load into hubs' van (in a hot mess), and then stay for the wedding.  Made things a little confusing, but all was fine.  They had a cooler with drinks, and a bag of snacks that were suppose to go into the limo, but never made it, but they managed ok.

Hitch three: Hubs and I drove separate, he had the load in the van. I stopped at home to grab a couple arrangements and the throw bouquet out of fridge at home on the way to the reception.  I got a call from him when I was almost there and said he was running a little behind. (I thought, oh no - what happened? accident? what) -- well, when he was leaving the church, he came upon a Nun with a flat tire on her car.  He of course stopped to check on her. She had no roadside assistance or anything, and barely spoke English, so guess what -- he put her in the van with the AC, and changed her tire in the 100* heat, IN A TUX, on his way to the reception!!!!  Luckily, a Jets pizza delivery guy stopped to help, so they did it together!   At least he has a whopper of a story to tell about the day!

That was most of the bumps we incurred other than the MOB's antics, but they were mostly ignored.  Over all it was a perfect day.  The bride and groom were happy, and that was all that mattered!  We had a fantastic time!

Now, it will probably take a few days to recover and get everything put away.  I am going to take my time getting all that done. 

Hope everyone else had a great weekend.
It is super hot here.  Most schools in the area are having half days of school because of it.  Our schools don't have AC, so they are hoping to get the kids out of there before it gets too bad.  This is our 5th day of this crazy heat.  It is usually maybe 70* at the most this time of year.  This weather is just crazy!  And people don't believe in climate change!  I think it is suppose to break by Wednesday.

Today I am doing laundry. 
Recovering (my feet are still hurting!)
and I need to mail a couple things that got lost in the shuffle of the bridal room/van/reception activity. 
Will get that out today.
I also need to write a few thank you notes to people that stepped up and helped with things.

Hope to hear from you girls!  Would love to know what you are up to! Help me re-regulate my life back to normalcy by reminding me what a normal day looks like. Please!!!   ;D

Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 10:40:22 AM »
Hi Pam and all who follow!

I was thinking of you, Pam, all weekend in the heat and wondered how things went. MOB sounds like a scary one! Hopefully your son can tame her a bit!

We worked outside Saturday morning moving some paver bricks to the barn since they weren't used in our backyard patio project. May arms and back sure were sore yesterday! It's a bit better today.

I'm thankful for A/C at work and at home. The temps here are unusually high (I live in the same city as Pam) and this week is probably the hottest week of our entire summer. It will be over later this week and then we will have more normal temps for this time of year.

Meals have been rather difficult to plan and make this week. Too hot to eat, too hot to have the oven on, too hot to go outside and grill. Not sure what we're doing this week for meals. I'm thinking things like meatballs in the crockpot, sandwiches and salad.

We still go for our daily walks but now we go later at night. This weekend we went earlier in the morning.

How is your day?

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 07:25:41 AM »
Thanks Alice! The heat was a challenge, but we dealt pretty good with it.  All the family that came from SC were saying how it was fine, because there really wasn't any humidity up here!  :o  What???  I thought it was crazy humid!   ;D

I think the MOB will be mostly a non-issue for them.  DIL kind of avoids her at all costs.  Only does what she has to in order to remain respectful.  We will see what happens if and when grandbabies come along! 

Be careful with your back.  Hope you are happy with your finished project!

Pam
Wife of 32 years