Author Topic: Tuesday, Sept. 26, 2017  (Read 1060 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Tuesday, Sept. 26, 2017
« on: September 26, 2017, 07:26:38 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!!!

Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Tuesday, Sept. 26, 2017
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 07:37:29 AM »
Hello to any who stop by!  Please post to at least say hello so we know you are there!

Today is my day off.   ;D  We were busy yesterday putting things away, returning things that were borrowed, rented and the like.  I got the laundry done as well.  There may be a load of towels left to do, but they can wait until the next go round.  We ended up going out to lunch, and then to the movie.  I know, that sounds weird that we would choose to take time to do that, but we just needed a little normal mundane.  We saw the new lego movie.  It was cute, but kind of long.  It was us and a family of 3 at the showing!  So they ran the movie for the 5 of us!

We also stopped into Target for about 5 minutes.  The flower girls clothes were left in our van, so I needed to send those off to her.  I wanted to get something a little extra to send along with it.  We got her a really cute Michigan State shirt.  I hope she likes it!  The bride and groom will love to see her wearing it!  Got that all packaged up and mailed out.

So, I decided to take today and just do whatever the heck I feel like!!  Might watch a little TV, or read a book, or just sit and stare into space!  I do need to make a plan for dinner, so there's that, but other than that, I'm off! 

Hope everyone enjoys your day whatever you are up to!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Rooney

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 11:53:03 AM »
Hi girls.

So glad everything went mostly well for you on Saturday, Pam. :)  I am sure you feel relief to have that off your plate. 

I am sick, sick, sick.  I finally caught what hubby had and it is bad.  Last Wednesday morning I woke up throwing up and did that all day (this was from food intolerance though).  All the while I was getting this terrible cold with an even more terrible cough.  I haven't slept hardly at all since last Tuesday.  I am grumpy! >:(  Been using our sauna each night and it definitely helps speed recovery and makes symptoms less and am ramping up my vitamins each day as well.  Several of the kids have it too, but this seems to be way worse for adults.  I need to be back to my old self again.....too much to do!!! :P :P :P

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 11:57:17 AM »
Hello Pam & all!

I've got a little time before Emily needs my attention, so I went out and picked another bucket of peppers.  I need to get them chopped and in the freezer and dehydrator.  I canned 10 more quarts of beans yesterday, and I have more to pick.  I think we have enough beans canned to last into next winter.  I've tried giving some away, even picking them and offering, but nobody wants any.  After peppers I need to can turnip greens.  Those will be for my husband.  I have never liked them.

My days are pretty much all the same - gardening, homeschooling, housekeeping, and canning.  :)  It's a busy season but I like it.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 12:03:51 PM »
Good afternoon everyone (anyone? Just one?),

The days are just slipping by so quickly. The evenings are gone just like a snap of my fingers.

Last night I only just got the new grass watered, some dinner made, a very short walk and then darkness was upon us. So so early these days. Dinner was lazy last night--BBQ meatballs in the crockpot and biscuits. That's it and nothing more. I'm still not feeling the menu plan happening. I really doesn't help that we have really hot weather along with it being the end of Sept. Can't really turn on the oven and make comfort food because that just doesn't work right now. Today is our last day of the heat and then we'll back on schedule for what temps. really should be.

I don't know what to have tonight either. I know I have to water the new grass and go for a walk and we have to fit dinner in between. I'd rather have a popsicle! Maybe a PB & J which sounds good too.

Housekeeping--let's see. The laundry is pretty well kept up on but the kitchen floor needs to be mopped. I might do that before the boys get home from work. I kind of cleaned out my kitchen freezer last night. I was looking for something and just re-arranged things in there while I was at it.

Does anyone have a good way to clean a garbage disposal? I do use the lemon rind and ice trick but when I look inside there I still see a lot of ugly yucky in there. It doesn't stink or anything but I think it looks  dirty. Maybe I'm just weird enough to look inside when I probably shouldn't.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats