Author Topic: Wednesday, September 27  (Read 1068 times)

Offline Cheryl

Wednesday, September 27
« on: September 27, 2017, 07:06:03 AM »
Good morning!

I decided to hop on here before my day gets hectic.  I fixed myself a bowl of oatmeal and added a little cinnamon and a pear I diced into small pieces.  Mmm!  It's been a while since I've had that and it hit the spot!

I'm about to get going.  I need to do laundry, school with Emily, feed all the animals, clean litter boxes, pick beans, pay a couple of bills, give one cat some medicine, and start the dishwasher.  I also need to work on October's menu.  I've tried winging it but always end up feeling stressed when supper time rolls around and I don't have a plan.

Well, that's about it for me.  I hope you all have a good day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Re: Wednesday, September 27
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 07:40:49 AM »
Good Morning, Cheryl,

We woke up to a lot cooler temps this morning. Wow, what a difference and it won't get much warmer today. We're now at what the temps should be this time of year.

Cheryl, I hear you about the meal planning. I still haven't jumped on the bandwagon to menu plan. But I have decided that I am going to dig deeply into doing more casseroles. So I'm on the search for good recipes. What I have decided on already is a doritos casserole, chicken enchiladas with a white sour cream sauce, tater tot casserole. I'll need a whole lot more but I have fallen away from casseroles lately so I'm bringing them back for my family.

I winged it last night and had some pork cutlets that I made into a creamy thyme baked cutlet with rice cooked in chicken broth. That was it and it was good. I look online a lot for ideas and I see a lot of recipes made with prime ingredients. Sadly, I don't have prime ingredients but I do have bits of this and that so I want to incorporate those into casseroles. I have a couple of bone in chicken breasts which isn't enough to cook for a family meal but I can make that into enchiladas to feed the family with some leftovers. This is the kind of thing I'll be working on.

I did not mop the kitchen floor last night as I got busy watering the lawn and making the dinner so maybe on the weekend I will tackle that.

I see a lot of leaves have fallen in the back yard so I think we might have to pay some attention to that this weekend as well. It is a little early for leaves to fall but they are because it's been so dry and the leaves are dying and falling off. I hope the trees will recover next year. We just haven't had rain for a long time. Lots of stuff is dying and I'm not sure they will come back again.

Not much else going on for me.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Wednesday, September 27
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 01:25:29 PM »
Oh my goodness ladies!
I am popping by so late today! 

Having a hard time getting back into the swing of normal life!  Went to ww, walked and then grabbed lunch.  Not much else today.  I need to return a pair of shoes that didn't work for me.  I need to send them back.  I have the mail label all printed, but I don't have a good package to put them in.  Need to find something for that. 

I have a chicken breast cooking to put into a chicken noodle casserole for dinner.  Called for rotisserie chicken, but I figured I could just quick cook up a piece of meat that I already had.  Will finish pulling that together in a few minutes.

I am feeling so tired still.  Just so many emotions and activities and responsibilities.  Now my body is reacting to not having that all on me I guess.  I am laying a little bit low.

Need to start planning our college girls getaway.  Ten of us meet every other fall for a weekend.  It is coming up, and we are using my Aunt and Uncle's cottage, so I need to get with her and sort out details. 
Prior to that, hubs and I are suppose to take a few days to go to the Upper Peninsular.  I need to chat with him and see if he thinks we can still swing this, with the wedding expenses we had, son's college tuition, besides his work commitments he has coming up.  Hopefully it all works out.  I've been looking forward to it, but whatever will be will be!  If we are going, I will need to make plans for that as well.

Might walk with hubs later tonight.  The heat breaking sure has been a welcome thing!  Might go downtown to check out the Art contest that is going on. 

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25