Author Topic: Thursday, Sept. 28, 2017  (Read 1384 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Thursday, Sept. 28, 2017
« on: September 28, 2017, 07:24:08 AM »
Good Morning to All!!!
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Thursday, Sept. 28, 2017
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 07:34:09 AM »
Hi Ladies!

Not too much going on in my world.  I need to run pick up a few oddball things.  Computer paper, a shipping envelope/box and some thank you notes.  I have a bunch of note cards that I use for thank yous, but I can't find them.  I "cleaned up" an area where they usually are before the wedding, and for the life of me I can't remember where I put those things!!!!  I have looked where I thought they might be, and no luck.  It will be easier to just grab some that I can use right now, and whenever I finally find the other ones, they will get used.   :o

So, will run to the dollar store to get the note cards and see if they have what I need for a mailing envelope, and then zip over to the office store to grab computer paper.  Might stop at Aldi to see if they have some good bananas on my way back.  Don't really want to spend a lot of money of groceries until I make a meal plan for the upcoming week.  (Yup - I'm still trying to get on that meal plan bus!)  Maybe if I don't allow myself to buy groceries until I know what I am cooking, it will push me to make a plan!   :D

Need to vacuum the main floor of the house as well.  One of those things that I have put off because I can I guess.  It is bugging me now, so will do that at some point as well.

Hoping to walk after dinner.  Need to take advantage of the cooler nice weather while we can!

Have a great day ladies!  Will check back later to see what you are all up to!  Check in and let us know!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 09:46:51 AM »
Good Morning,

Well, last night was a bust. I made a dorito casserole and decided it's not my favorite. Probably won't be making that again. Then we were going for our walk but hubby had a great idea--why don't we mow/rake/blow leaves and clean the yard instead. I have my way of doing this and he has his way and mostly we collide. He rakes all the leaves but I mow them into rows then I rake them onto a tarp. I can get a lot done in short time while he rakes. I let him do his section and I did it my way and I had way more done than he did. First of all, I'm not even supposed to be outside doing this because my allergies can flare up so I want it as fast as I can. I was all bundled up in long pants and sweatshirt with my hoodie tied so only a little bit of my face was showing.   We were done in about an hour but this was only the first raking. There will still be plenty. He even dared to suggest a walk after all that work but he got sidetracked on my van's tire which looked like a flat so he got the compressor out and pumped it up. Then we realized Survivor was on last night so we watched that.

He took my van in this morning and the rim is getting old and will need to be replaced in due time. But we first had a birthday breakfast for MIL. That was nice. I won't be needing lunch today since I feel really full. I normally only have a smoothie for breakfast but today was a real breakfast so I'm done eating until supper tonight. Maybe a snack in between but that's it.

I was going to make lemon garlic chicken baked in the oven tonight but I guess we're going to MIL for pizza. I still might roast it since our son has to work and he can't go there for pizza. He often takes leftovers the next day of food we had for supper the night before. I have to see if there is anything leftover from this week in the fridge that he can take to work tomorrow and then I'll decide if I still need to roast the chicken.

That's my day, hope yours is going well.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Rooney

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 12:54:58 PM »
Hi friends! :)

Super UN-productive day so far.  I just need to kick this sick so I can get on with things, ya know?! :P  We need to finish school for the day, I have laundry piled up, and some definite straightening and cleaning needs to be tackled.  Really nothing out of the ordinary there.  Just harder to do when you can't stop coughing at night. 

I have a pot of lima beans cooking for a side for supper tonight and the rest will go in the freezer.  Kids and hubby love cornbread so I will bake it this afternoon for supper as well.  That should just leave me with oven bbq-ing some chicken.  Might also cook some blueberry muffins ahead for tomorrow and maybe even a coffee cake for the freezer.  It got cooler here today, so it won't be so bad with the oven running.  So pretty in fact, we just may have to get out there for a while. ;)

Need to call hubby, runnin' low on diapers......and flour so that coffee cake might not happen after all.  Really would like to plan for getting those pictures taken this weekend that I mentioned a few weeks back.  I should have done it then cause a five year old decided she would play beautician on herself and a little brother a few days ago. :P   It is more like a boy-cut now so may let it grow a few weeks.  I am sure that is the exact reason they make those big flowered headbands. ;)

Same-ole same-ole day for me here.

Lindsay

« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 12:56:39 PM by Rooney »

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 01:00:40 PM »
Lindsay,

It sounds like you HAVE been productive! As I read it you have done way more things than I can ever do!

Try to have a good day at least what is left of it. Your dinner sounds delicious BTW.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Rooney

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 04:08:54 PM »
Lindsay,

It sounds like you HAVE been productive! As I read it you have done way more things than I can ever do!

Try to have a good day at least what is left of it. Your dinner sounds delicious BTW.

Alice

Alice, that is so sweet of you to say! :) :)  Trust me though, it only SOUNDS productive.  Tomorrow needs to be better.  As for now, while supper is finishing, I am going to at least go out and enjoy the beautiful weather and let the kids play in the backyard.  It will only be pretty weather so much longer, right?  Maybe that fresh air will help us up out of the sickness!!  Maybe we could all try also going to bed earlier tonight.  Tomorrow is a new day! :)