Author Topic: Tuesday, Oct. 3, 2017  (Read 1121 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Tuesday, Oct. 3, 2017
« on: October 03, 2017, 06:43:27 AM »
Good Morning All!!   :-*
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Tuesday, Oct. 3, 2017
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 07:08:48 AM »
Hi Ladies! 

Hope everyone is off to a great start! 

My day is more of the same!  It is suppose to be quite warm again here.  The weather has been crazy around here. 

I have some planning to do for a girls weekend I have coming up.  Girlfriends from college.  There are 10 of us, and we are staying in my Aunt and Uncle's lakeside cottage up north kind of in the middle of nowhere.  It will be so much fun.  We did this 2 years ago and had such a great time at that point, we probably a lot of us hadn't physically seen each other for about 20 years!  So, we decided to do it again every 2 years.  I need to figure out what food needs to be brought and get a sign up out there so we can get that worked out. 

Other than that, I need to clean my kitchen up.  It has been a little bit ignored, so I need to focus on that, as well as dusting and vacuuming.  Not much else for me today.

I do need to run grab a jar of salsa verde.  I am making white chicken chili for dinner, but I don't have any green salsa.  I can put it all together in a crockpot to get it going, and then just add the salsa when I get it.  I totally thought it was going to be cooler today for soup/chili when I did menu planning, but it sounds good anyway, so I am going with it.

Hope all of you have a great day!  Would love to hear what you are up to!
Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 08:34:21 AM »
Happy Surprise here!  Went to the basement to gather beans and broth for my chili and TA-DAA --- there was a jar of salsa verde!!!!!

Yay! No store run for me!  Silly how excited you can get about something so simple!  I added salsa verde to my grocery list so I may have another such surprise in the future!  HA HA!! ;D

Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 08:46:21 AM »
Good Morning,

Oh, I'm loving our weather but at the expense of no rain.  Maybe tonight/tomorrow.

Yesterday afternoon when I got home from work I began making lemon chicken for dinner and then decided to make some cinnamon rolls. I don't think I have made them in 4 years. When hubby got home he could see something was in the making and snooped around a bit. He found out they were cinnamon rolls and he become as excited as a 3 year old little boy. He couldn't wait for them to be out of the oven and immediately dove into a nice warm roll. My heart just went crazy to see him so exicted! He still wanted to go for a walk and looked forward to a reward of another cinnamon roll after the walk. 

We do so much scrimping and saving and sacrificing and watching what we eat that we forget to do these little things. It was just a reminder that once in a while I have to do these little things for my man. I rarely make desserts because the kids and I are overweight (hubby is not).

Not much else going on in my world. Dinner tonight is going to be a look through the refrigerator and eat leftovers if there are any. The men are home during lunch so they might eat what's in there. If everything is gone I'll find some quick to do like spaghetti in the IP. The only thing I'm not sure I have is ground beef. I've been looking for ground beef at a good price lately but not successfully. We bought some chicken tenders on sale on Saturday and last night was lemon chicken piccada. That was really good.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Rooney

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 11:27:40 AM »
Good early afternoon girls. :)

I am stopping by on our lunch break as usual.  The kids are having grilled cheese and I am just having a little bit of frozen yogurt.  We are busy today with tons of school, hope to have that finished in about 3 more hours or less.  Already ran out of bread since Saturday, but two of the kids said they would knead homemade bread if I would just mix it up for them.  Won't let that offer go to waste! :)  Need to get two pieces of furniture's drawers cleaned out (a mouse got into them----one of the hazards of building your home in the middle of a big field ;)).  Both the armoire and the dresser needs to have a plywood backing put on the bottom so mice can't ever get into the drawers again.  This was higher end furniture, so I was very surprised it didn't already have a bottom. :P  Tonight--I want to watch the last episode of Alaska the Last Frontier, bought season 6 of it last weekend.  I love watching the Kilcher family.  They are really quite amazing.

Supper tonight.....I really have NO idea. :P  Alice, I have been considering getting an IP, maybe around the holiday time.  Do you ever just use yours as a crockpot function? I would love to just be able to put a roast and potatoes and carrots in and leave it and have supper done.

Pam, yay for not having to go to the store! :)  Don't you just love it when you find something you didn't know was there?  Did that the other day with trash bags and we CANNOT run out of trash bags! ;D

Alice, that is so cute about your husband and those cinnamon rolls! You know, sometimes to get my husband home from work early, (he is very hard worker, a quality I admire in him :)) I either bake something he hasn't had in a while or fix something for supper he really loves and then call him and tell him that I fixed this or that.......works every time! ;) :)

Hope you girls and anyone else who stops by has a wonderful day.  Will check in here and there today if I can.

Lindsay

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2017, 12:32:52 PM »
Hello!

Thought I'd stop in as it's been a bit.  The school year and life in general seem to be flying by!  I try to keep my schedule decluttered, but whew! 

We spent the past weekend in Dallas with my parents.  They flew in from Florida as they do every so often.  Their home in Ft. Myers was spared flooding during Irma, though they had no power for a week, but my dad works slightly further south in Bonita Springs and there is still flooding there.  He was ready for some time away after working longer-than-normal shifts.

The kids are doing well in school and mostly enjoying it.  Maddy is a junior and 6 of her 7 classes are AP so she keeps very busy with homework this year.  Littlest, Max is now in 2nd grade--how can that be?

I have been working out more in preparation for a couple of backpacking trips I'm taking in October.  One, this weekend, and another longer one near the end of the month.  It's so exciting getting packed up and ready to go!  Doing an 8-9 mile hilly practice hike on Thursday carrying the big pack.

Better go get a few things done--it will be time to pick up the older girls before I know it!

Hope you are all doing well--sounds like it from your posts.

Catherine