Author Topic: Wednesday, October 4, 2017  (Read 915 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Wednesday, October 4, 2017
« on: October 04, 2017, 07:02:49 AM »
Happy Wednesday!

It is dreary, dark, overcast, with a possible chance of rain. We need it so badly. It is so very dry here.

I had a rather difficult evening with not feeling well. Acid reflux all afternoon. I realized I had forgotten to take my pills in the morning and I was "off" all day. Much better today.

I didn't even feel well enough to get dinner together. Luckily, there were plenty of leftovers and everyone got some something with enough for lunches today! Tonight I wil definitely have to prepare something so my brain is working on that already. I did a freezer dive last night to restock some rice in the pantry. My son brought home a bunch of it when he moved back from his college apartment and it was nicely kept in my deep freezer. It was time to get my bins filled in the house. I found some rye flour in there that I brought in and some bulk oatmeal as well.

I noticed some pork chops, a small roast, and some jam in the freezer. Good to know for a future meal. The jam I took out since hubby loves jam. I also found a container of frozen peaches labeled with the exact amount to make peach jam. I might use that fruit for smoothies instead. I also saw my turkey from last year in there and since we're close enough to Thanksgiving, I think I'm just going to save it for then. No other surprises so that was good.

The cats (we have two of them) were both very cute yesterday. During the day they would climb into my son's chair when we got up to do something and when he sat back down the cat was curled up for a nap. I came home and that same cat moved to my bedroom on my bed. Later the other cat curled up in my chair when I got up to do something. Then at bedtime both cats found a place on our bed! Hmm, I believe the cats are in charge! Oh, but do we love our cats.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Re: Wednesday, October 4, 2017
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 10:30:57 AM »
FYI--for anyone with a Meijer nearby--they have Michigan apples for .69 per lb. They are new crop and about 10 varieties. I just bought about 12 lbs of apples and I cut one open and they are crispy, fresh and tasty. Best price around. I can't pick at orchards and I don't even have the time to drive to one so this is the best option for me.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 01:00:18 PM »
Good Afternoon Alice and any others who are checking in!

My day has been pretty normal for a Wednesday.  Weight Watchers this morning, (weighed in free for the month!), then my friend and I went out to the mall to walk.  It was a bit drizzly outside, so we walked inside. 

After, we went to Q'doba for lunch.  She had errands to run, and I headed home.  I stopped at a local market to pick up some chocolate covered peanuts.  I have been craving them for weeks (from this particular market), so now that I have a little leeway with weighing in, I got them.  Sampled a few, but am going to try to make them last as long as possible!  I have to be careful about not going off the deep end once my monthly weigh in is done.

I have a few little things to do around here.  Unload/reload dishwasher, pick up clutter that has accumulated, put shoes away that have been dropped here and there.  Just the normal things that I do day in and day out. 

Hubs has an event that he has to be a judge at tonight.  I think he will be done around 7:00 or so.  I will just have some of yesterdays white chicken chili for dinner. 
So pretty easy going day for me. 

We were planning a trip to the upper peninsular next week, but we are going to have to postpone it.  With the wedding we just can't financially do it right now.  We will still go to Mackinac Island for the day and night we had planned on.  We are hoping to do the U.P. trip at the end of the month. 
I didn't really have my heart set on this next week, because I KNEW we wouldn't have the extra $$ for it.  When hubby said "let's plan a trip" I was like in my head - "yeah, we aren't going to be able to afford that 2 weeks after the wedding", but I just said ok. 

We will go for his birthday (Halloween) and our anniversary (Nov. 1).  We will miss the colored foliage, but we were going to miss it anyway.  We would have been too early if we went next week.  We aren't going to have the vibrant colors this year because of the hotter drier weather this fall.  So, we will see how all that shakes out!

Hope everyone has a great afternoon and evening!
If you popping in to read, just add a quick hello!! 
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Rooney

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 02:30:10 PM »
Hi friends. :)

Just popping in real quick.  Got a full day of school going today.  Tons of learning going on! :)  I am also working on a grocery pickup list to place maybe around Sunday/Monday time.  Just watched a youtube form The Encouraging Homeschool Mom and she just did a big Walmart pickup.  Found lots of things they carry in bulk that I hadn't thought of.  Also...a cool thing----if you order say 4 boxes of something that costs, say 1.00, and they only have say 1 case in stock, they substitute it for a name brand that could be 3 times the price for the same price as the great value item that was cheaper.  So, in other words, you always get what you order and they are never out of stock if you allow them to make substitutions.  That is nice because having enough of what we order at one time has been a problem in the past at other places.

Other than that getting ready for supper prep.  Tonight will be chicken, baked potatoes, a salad and carrot sticks.

We have a birthday in the house on Saturday.  I have gotten decorations and the cake mix.  Still need to get the gifts for that.  Younger kid, so they aren't real picky. ;)

Alice, we just got a brand new Miejer in our area.  Wonder if those apples are just a local thing?  May check it out.  Sometimes the big stores in our area sell local produce from local farms, like around here, they carry locally grown watermelon and cantelope because those are a big crop around these parts.

Pam, I do the same thing with dark chocolate chips as you do with the chocolate covered peanuts.  Gets rid of the sweet and chocolate craving at the same time as being a "health" food that helps keep blood pressure in check.  Gotta have my chocolate to get by!  Might as well get a health benefit at the same time. ;)

Sorry if I am extra boring today.  Just pluggin' along! :)

Lindsay