Author Topic: Thursday, Oct. 5, 2017  (Read 981 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Thursday, Oct. 5, 2017
« on: October 05, 2017, 08:10:02 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!!

8)   :-*   8)
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Thursday, Oct. 5, 2017
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 08:28:18 AM »
Hi Ladies,

Hope you are all off to a great start to your day.  The sun is shining here, enjoying that so far. 

Today newly married son will be arriving for a short bit.  His best man is getting married tomorrow, and he is in the wedding.  The rehearsal is at 6, and his eta is 5 here at the house.  I think he has to pick up his suit for the wedding.  They are staying together as a wedding party someplace tonight.  Probably will be just a quick stop by.  Then, tomorrow we might see him, but I am doubting it since they will be getting ready for the wedding.  Unsure of when he will be heading back south, but we will just play it by ear, and be around if he has time to visit.

I have some beans cooking for dinner.  Will throw a chicken breast with seasoning in another crockpot in a few minutes.  I am planning on doing a kind of potato nacho dish for dinner.  Cutting potato in slices and baking like fries, then topping with beans, chicken, cheese and other nacho toppings. 

Need to meal plan for the rest of the week and weekend.  I got as far as Thursday in my menu planning, and felt like that was kind of accomplished!  I want to not have to spend more money on food, so will check around and see what I can come up with using what we already have around here.

Hope everyone has a great day.  Would love to hear what you are all up to!
Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 08:29:39 AM »
Oh, What a fun morning so far!!

I have changed my mind about Aldi! Today was the grand re-opening of our newly remodeled store. For fun I told my hubby I was going to the grand opening. I expected lot of people, cars, crowds but when we got there, there was only about 30 people. We sat in the car until we saw a lady passing out something so we joined the line that was forming. It was for the first 100 people and we were #29 and #30. Just before opening they exchanged our number cards for gifts cards. We opened ours and I had a $10 card but hubby GOT A $100 GIFT CARD! If he hadn't chose to go with me, we would have missed out on that. Plus, we had the $5 off $35 purchase in the mail and MIL gave me another $5 off $35 purchase. We did our shopping and it was only a little bit crowded since they only let a few in a time. Even the advertised prices were actually cheaper once we got them scanned at the check out. It is much, much better than the old store. More and good produce and now much of it is in coolers. They seem to have a better selection as well. We used my $5 off $35 and my $10 gift card and only part of hubby's $100 card. He promptly handed over the card to me for future shopping at Aldi. It was quite fun!

So, I got my groceries for the week but sadly no meat. I thought the prices were still a bit high there. We went to Save-A-Lot on the way home and got some meat. We both had to go to work so we couldn't hang around much longer.

Last night we had hamburger stroganoff and sauteed apples for supper. Tonight will be a small steak on the grill but I probably need to add a tater tot casserole because our son needs lunch and supper.

Our weather is nice during the day and a bit on the cool side at night. I could have this all  year round but that won't happen here in Michigan

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 02:16:15 PM »
Yay Alice!!!  How exciting and fun!  That is so cool that you were able to get some really great gift cards! 

And, you still have more to spend next go round!  That will make it easier to go next time too!

Congrats!
Pam
Wife of 32 years