Author Topic: Friday, October 6, 2017  (Read 1113 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Friday, October 6, 2017
« on: October 06, 2017, 06:54:33 AM »
I can't believe it's Friday already! The week flew by!

I had a busy but good day yesterday and when I got home I realized I needed to cook. At work the talk was about Trader Joe's delicious Autumnal creamy pasta sauce. Someone said they like it so well that she eats it as a soup. I tasted it and I liked it but it reminded me of something I have had before and that is a butternut squash pasta sauce. So I looked up the copycat version of this Trader Joe's pasta sauce and found a good recipe that said the homemade version is better that the jar version. So, I was right on this one. The only thing I didn't have was a can of pumpkin but I did have two sweet potatoes.

I threw it all in my IP and let it rip for 30 minutes. Then using my immersion blender I blended it up then added the milk. I showed hubby the jar from Trader Joe's that still had some in it, he tasted that first. Then he tasted my version and said my version was way better and he never even read the reviews! He liked it even better as a soup than a pasta topping. We also grilled a small steak to go with it. I can put that on my rotation as a soup or a pasta sauce.

Today it is raining or at least drizzling. Hopefully it will be an all-day affair and I hope it runs into tomorrow. We need the rain so badly. Dinner tonight will be leftover pasta/soup and maybe a cinnamon roll if there are any leftovers.

Tomorrow, I might need to make some bread again. I'm having a problem of not getting light fluffy bread lately. Not sure what the deal is but in my old house I could get light fluffy loaves but not in this house. I might take hubby out for a little adventure if it is raining. Maybe take our son along if he doesn't have to work.

How is your day?

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Friday, October 6, 2017
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 10:51:43 AM »
Good Afternoon Alice and all who may follow.

I have gotten a late start I guess.  I was adding to my family tree project, and lost track of time.  I can get sucked into that if I don't pay attention, and that's what happened.

Son is off doing wedding stuff for his friend's wedding.  We saw him for about an hour last night. So, that was good.  Probably won't see much of him before he heads back to VA.

Hubs and I are going to a movie later this afternoon. We are seeing Victoria and Abdul.  It looks interesting.

Not sure what else we have going this weekend yet.  A lot of our original plans are in upheaval, so we need to chat and see what we are going to do instead. 

Hope everyone has a great day.  Check in and let us know what, and how you are doing!
Alice: Isn't it great when you can make something even better than store bought??  It probably was a lot healthier than the TJ's version too.  Good for you!

Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 02:48:31 PM »

Hubs and I are going to a movie later this afternoon. We are seeing Victoria and Abdul.  It looks interesting.

Pam

Pam, I'll be interested in what you think of Victoria and Abdul.  It looks like a good movie and I'd like to see it.

Hello everyone!

Another busy week is over.  We have our last soccer games tomorrow (Saturday) then fall soccer will be over and the schedule will lighten up.  This week was especially busy--practice for one boy on Monday, soccer game and Scouts on Tuesday, soccer game for other boy and birthday celebration last night, practice for other boy and football game tonight.  It would have been even busier if I hadn't had a church meeting that was canceled on Wednesday.  Whew.

I'm not sure if I'm going to the football game tonight.  It depends on how much I get done this afternoon as we are heading up to our daughter's college tomorrow for Family Weekend.  We'll be gone pretty much all day (boys have last soccer games tomorrow morning) so I've got a lot I want to get done.  I've been promising my oldest son I would get his "new" bedroom painted (he's moving into older sister's bedroom) for a long time and it's time to get it done.  He was fine with us missing the game if it meant his bedroom got painted.  It's an away game so not as big a deal as if it was a home game.

Lots of things to do so I better get off and get going on that.

Have a great weekend!

Merilee

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 07:34:28 AM »
Merilee:

Victoria and Abdul was interesting.  I enjoyed it, but thought it could have been more in depth.

The average age of the attendees was in the mid 70's at our showing, and I was surprised that the theater was actually quite full for a 3:00 show.  It was a different experience with that demo of people.  When the movie was over, there was applause.  That surprised us a little bit. 

I would recommend the movie, but maybe at a matinee price, or at the low price theater. 

Makes me look forward to the second season of Victoria on Masterpiece. 
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25