Author Topic: Monday, Oct. 9, 2017  (Read 1016 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Monday, Oct. 9, 2017
« on: October 09, 2017, 07:35:13 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Re: Monday, Oct. 9, 2017
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 07:42:47 AM »
Good Morning everyone!

What a lovely weekend we had! Some rain, some shine, some cool, some warm. I loved it.

We started Saturday slow, well, kind of, we went for our walk. Then we had to do recyclables and a little looking around at a resale shop. I'm looking for a small refrigerator to put in the garage or the basement for the little overflow we have in the kitchen fridge.

Then we started on the lawn by giving it a little haircut and then getting leaves to the "back forty" as we call it. It was a pleasant day to do this and it looks so nice when it is done.

Sunday, we had MIL over for lunch which was roasted chicken, stuffing, cauliflower, and brussel sprouts. She brought a dessert. We walked in the afternoon about 3 pm but it was quite a warm afternoon.

Tonight will be leftovers from all the goodies over the weekend.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 09:12:40 AM »
Alice: glad you had such a nice weekend.

We did too.  Nothing too adventuress for us.  Son came for his friends wedding.  We saw him for about an hour on Thursday, he slept here Friday night (after we had gone to bed), and we saw him from about 10 am Saturday until he left around 12:30 or so.  Then, after his golf outing he left from there to head back to VA.  He stayed with a friend in the Detroit area on his way out that night.  It was a quick visit, and we didn't see much of him, but he wasn't coming to visit us, so it was expected.  Glad we got a little bit of time with him.

Yesterday we just relaxed.  Did a little yard clean up, but will continue with that today.  Hubs has M-Th off this week.  We originally were going to go on an up north trip, but had to change that due to finances.  We are going to Mackinac Island Wednesday/Thursday.  So, a shortened trip.  We are doing the up north trip at the end of the month to celebrate hubs' birthday and our anniversary.  We will have put away enough $$ for the trip by then.

Today I am going to work on reorganizing my clothes and switching over from summer to winter wardrobe.  We still have some warm weather ahead, so I will keep out a few tops and maybe one bottom that can be used in warmer weather.  I will do laundry as well.

Hubby is going to work on the yard. The leaves are really falling, but our biggest mess is pine needles.  He got some of those cleaned up yesterday, so his job won't be too bad today.  If I am done with the clothes before he gets the yard done, I will go out and help with that.
Will walk later since we can go anytime we want since he is off. 

Need to go to Aldi at some point today.  Hubs requested salad for dinner, so I need to go get ingredients for that as well as some other staples that we are out of.  Eggs, bananas, etc.

Nothing else here really.  Hope y'all have a great day!
Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 09:48:06 AM »
Pam,

Two or three years ago my husband saw a lawn sweeper in front of gentleman's house just sitting there. He went up to the house and asked the guy what it was there for. The man said "for someone to take". The next question hubby asked was if it worked. Yes, but it had been in his garage for about 20 years and he never used it so he just wanted to give it away. That thing has been an awesome addition to our tools. It picks up pine needles very well, and leaves, and grass clippings. Hubby did the neighbor lady's lawn that was full of pine needles. Just an FYI

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 12:41:00 PM »
Interesting Alice.
Maybe I will check into that.

Now that the boys are grown and gone, we are on our own to do all the lawn/leaf cleanup.

Although, I know if we called our local son, he would come help us if needed.  He is really good about helping us out.

Pam
Wife of 32 years