Author Topic: Friday, Oct. 13,2017  (Read 1033 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Friday, Oct. 13,2017
« on: October 13, 2017, 07:56:14 AM »
Hello Ladies!

Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Friday, Oct. 13,2017
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 08:12:53 AM »
Good Morning!

Hope you are all having a great day so far! 

We had a nice trip to Mackinac Island.   The last time for this season.  We usually go in December for their tree lighting ceremony and Christmas Bazaar, but everything is closed at that time, so this is it for this season.  Saw a few of our friends, and missed seeing others. All in all it was a nice couple of days.  Got home around 8:30 last night. 

Now, back to my originally scheduled days!  Today I need to make a quick grocery list and get that done.  Hopefully before any rain comes along.  Not really sure if it is suppose to rain, but it looks gray and cool, so rain would fit right in to that.  I didn't catch the forecast this morning. 

It is homecoming at our HS, so I need to make sure I get back home before roads are shut down for the parade. 

Making beef barley soup for dinner.  Will get that going in the crockpot before I leave.  The longer it simmers, the better it tastes. 
I have been eating and drinking things that I normally avoid, so I need to shut that down, and get back to healthy choices. 
I know I will feel a lot better when I do. 

Our weekend is pretty low key.  Not any major plans.  Hubs might go to his college homecoming with a buddy.  They haven't made any definite decisions, but will need to soon since it is tomorrow! 

I am finishing up plans for my college girlfriends weekend.  It is next week!!  Yay!  Things are pretty well all set for that, but last minute details to figure out.  Looking forward to that.  We did this 2 years ago, and had such a great visit, that we decided to do it again every 2 years.  A couple of girls have to travel to Michigan from South Carolina and Arkansas, so we do every 2 years to not make it a financial burden or anything. 

Not too much else for me today.  Will see what I can get done.  Soup, groceries, and any etc. that I can muster!

Hope to hear for a bunch of you today!  Alice, hope your visit with your friends helped to alleviate some of your stresses.  Hope you are getting some sleep and are feeling more rested and relaxed.

Talk to you all soon!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Re: Friday, Oct. 13,2017
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 09:41:19 AM »
Good Morning,

Pam, it's not supposed to rain today. But tomorrow and Sunday we are supposed to get quite a bit.

We had a nice time with friends last night. They know our kids very well they offer advice as needed. We walked to the restaurant and then they came home with use for some visiting.

I am starting to get the watery, itchy eyes AGAIN, so there is an allergen messing with me. My allergist called yesterday and wants to do additional testing at my followup in a couple of weeks. I have to get to the bottom of this. It is very bothersome.

I'm not supposed to do yard work stuff because that aggrevates my symptoms but it has to be done so I'm going to do that this afternoon. Taking 1/2 day off. We had salads last night and that was so good that I'm thinking of another salad tonight along with any leftovers. I did make a huge pot of spaghetti yesterday mostly for my son who needed a meal and there is a lot of that for tonight. Dad has a bunch of tomatoes in his garden that are going to rot because there are so many of them yet. I feel awful about the waste and my freezer is packed to the top. I want to process them but I have no where to put them. I know I could use them even a year from now as I'm sure they will still be good.

Not much else for me today.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats