Author Topic: Monday, October 16, 2017  (Read 1094 times)

Offline fishermanwife

Monday, October 16, 2017
« on: October 16, 2017, 08:29:18 AM »
Good Morning,
Long time no see, been trying to catch up on reading here the last few days. I only get on here thru my phone and it crashed a long time ago and I just remembered how to get back on lol. Pretty chilly here this morning just taking it easy enjoying some coffee then will get busy on the house chores. On top of regular cleaning I have been trying to decluuter and get rid of things, hubby has agreed that this isn't going to be our forever home so I want to get a head start on things for whenever the right opportunities arise. Hope everyone has a fantastic monday!
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Re: Monday, October 16, 2017
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 09:00:35 AM »
Hello, everyone!

Had a very rough weekend. I won't go into details but a little bit of trouble with one of our girls. Not too bad just stuff that shouldn't happen. I can't handle the stress or anxiety that goes along with it.

We had a very wet and wild weekend. It rained a lot--something like 2.75 inches of rain along with wind and then it cooled off. But the weather will improve this week to weather in the 70s! Can't wait for that.

Yesterday we went to MIL house for lunch and she made a delish chicken pot pie and apple crisp for dessert. It was so good. My fridge was empty and since my boys both need lunch before they off to work I made a pork chop over scalloped potatoes later in the afternoon. This way they have lunch at home and supper to take with them to work. So tonight, I'll make enough for their lunch and supper for tomorrow. I always have to have a meal one day ahead for them. I'm OK with that.

Tonight I'll make hubby's favorite meal--elbow macaroni with ground beef and onions. I'll also add a smoky link casserole in there so there will be a sllight variety. I think casseroles are the best way to go everyone while they are on the run. Soups are good but a lot messier for traveling. I haven't found a good container that is truly non-spill.  It doesn't even have to be a thermos type to keep the food warm since there is a microwave at their work. It's just the transporting that needs to be non-spilll.

We tried to squeeze in a walk at the mall on Saturday but there was just too many people there and the air was so stagnant that I told hubby we needed to leave. We did a short walk yesterday evening after church only 2.1 miles but I think we might go for a longer walk tonight and this will be good for walking. That is my stress relief!

Let's hoping we have a better week.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Monday, October 16, 2017
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 09:57:26 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!  (for at least a few more minutes!)

Good to see you Norma!  Glad you figured out how to get back to us!  Enjoy your coffee. (which I'm sure is gone by now and you are on to many other things at this point!)
Alice: hope your stresses lessen.  Looks like nice walking weather for you later, so maybe you can really walk some of those worries off!

I am getting a late start.  I was off all weekend.  When we went up north, I either knocked my neck out of place, or my blood pressure was low or something, because one day I was so dizzy.  So the first day there, we got off the ferry, went to lunch with some friends, and then I laid on the bed in the hotel the rest of the day/night.  We even had dinner in the room.  That was a disappointment, but I seem to be feeling good now.  It was just weird.  Kind of came and went the past few days.  I was just hesitant to do anything or go anywhere "just in case" something were to happen.  I need to get back to my normal.

I have a few errands to run today.  The ones I was going to do Friday!  A couple of groceries, and a few things to prep for my college girlfriends weekend starting Friday.  Looking forward to that so much!  So, I am working on my list of things to pick up. 

So, for my day -- running errands, dishwasher, possibly laundry if I get to it.  Might start a load of towels before I leave to get a start on it.  Not much else here for me.
Hope all of you are having a great day!

Enjoy!  Hope you have time to pop in and say Hi!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25