Author Topic: Tuesday, October 17, 2017  (Read 1127 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Tuesday, October 17, 2017
« on: October 17, 2017, 07:29:42 AM »
Hi and Good Morning to all,

Hoping the sunshine comes in full force this week! Need the boost that it gives.

I made two dishes last night to satisfy two people in the household. Hamburger and macaroni for hubby and smoky link casserole for me. Both used macaroni so it was easy to make. Son likes everything so he is happy. Oh, actually I made three meals--I also roasted a turkey roast for the leftover scalloped potatoes from Sunday. Hopefully, there will leftovers tonight so I won't have to cook. 

I have kind of decided to try to do as many casserole type foods as much as possible. This week will also be a burrito or enchilada casserole depending on what's in the freezer. Something with chicken later on also. I have a vague memory of a chicken/broccoli/stuffing recipe somewhere.

No walk last night since hubby had something at church. Blah, Yes I could go by myself but that's no fun. Hopefully tonight.

I just went to bed early since the weekend was so draining. Still not feeling caught up for some reason.  I really don't want to get sick either.

Just trying to stay calm and find something every day to be thankful for. That's my goal.

Here's a very interesting fun thing that happened on Saturday. As many of you know, I love my Instant Pot. I use it many times per week. I wanted to do desserts in there but I'll do it the pot-in-pot method. So I decided to make a cheesecake but I need a 7 inch spring form pan. Went to Walmart but no luck. So plan B was to use a Pyrex cookwear dish that I have already that is 7 inches. I stopped by Aldi on the way home to get my cream cheese, coffee cream, grapes, and other weekly groceries. I headed to the checkout and there on the endcap was the small 7 inch springform pans and a bundt pan that was 7 inches. Only $3.99 so I got the springform pan and not the bundt pan. I made the cheesecake and it was wonderful. I decided to go back and get the bundt pan for a future cake. When I went back to Aldi there were only three of each left!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Tuesday, October 17, 2017
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 08:59:25 AM »
Good Morning!

I seem to be getting on here late daily.  I guess it is good that I am not just getting up and jumping on the computer. 

Looks like a nice day here.  Will enjoy it while it's here!

I saw mention of those pans at Aldi Alice, I checked on them when I was there yesterday, but didn't find any left.  I was thinking for the instant pot as well. 

Today I need to run out to the lakeshore to find a thank you gift for my Aunt and Uncle who is letting us use their cottage this weekend.  They wouldn't let us pay them to use it, so I am going to put together a gift for them.  Her kitchen is decorated in all cherries up there, so I am going to a store that has a cherry theme to see what I can find.  I am thinking a few dish towels and maybe some cherry jams and jellies or salsas or something.  We are all chipping in, so I should be able to make something pretty nice. 

We have a fundraiser to go to tonight.  I am hoping to go right when it starts, and then not stay too terribly long.  It is for a local radio host who had a stroke.  Raising funds to offset his medical expenses.  We have known him for a long time, and hubs has worked with him in different capacities, so we need to go.  It is at a restaurant so some of the food sales goes to it too.

Not too much else here.  I put together my give away for our reunion weekend.  We all bring something for goody bags for everyone.  I did a little 2x3 frame with a photo of us all from our last get together, along with leftover can coolers from my son's wedding since they couldn't be there.  I had some clear vinyl make up zippered bags that I put them in.  We'll see if I find anything else to put in over the next couple of days, but I think they are good.

I need to finish a load of laundry.  I think I have about a half a load of lights, but those can wait for now. 

I guess I had better get myself together and get on the road so I can be back in time to get ready for the event we are going to tonight.

Hope you all have a great day.
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Cheryl

Re: Tuesday, October 17, 2017
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 10:43:21 AM »
Good morning! 

I've been reading and not posting again.  I need to stop doing that and at least check in to say hi!  I fell in my garden last week and have quite a bit of pain in my right leg from that.  I've been trying to take it easy, but there's so much I feel like I need to be doing.

We took last week off from school to do some fall cleaning.  I had a goal of completing at least one room per day, moving furniture, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, washing walls and baseboards, etc.  I was doing pretty good staying on task until I fell.  Needless to say, I didn't get as much done as I would have liked.

Emily started coming down with a croupy cough a few days ago and ended up going to the doctor yesterday.  She has an upper respiratory infection and has been in the bed all day.  I guess I'll let her rest since she needs it.  A good thing about homeschooling is we can adjust our schedules to fit our lives and do work in the evenings too.

I think I have picked the last of my green beans.  I have canned 18 1/2 quarts yesterday and this morning.  We are stocked on beans, enough so we won't need to plant any next summer.  After lunch I will go pick the last of my peppers and get them in the freezer.  It's been chilly here the past couple of days and we will probably have frost soon.  The pecans have started falling from our trees, so I will pick up what I can see before the blue jays carry them off.

That's about it for me.  Have a good day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn