Author Topic: Thrusday, October 10, 2013  (Read 2260 times)

Offline wrancher

Thrusday, October 10, 2013
« on: October 10, 2013, 06:23:39 AM »
Good Morning

So today is when the rain hits. I dont have alot to do outside unless DH needs me. So I get to clean house. Will start with kitchen and floors and go from there. I have a few errands to run in town before 5. So just praying the rains arent as much as they are predicitng. Need to do some bookwork if I get time.

Have a great day
Janice

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: Thrusday, October 10, 2013
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 07:55:56 AM »
Good morning!

Janice, hope you can enjoy the rain but that it's not TOO much for you.

Having a slow-moving morning here.  Woke up feeling okay but then had a headache come out of nowhere.  I've got to head to the eye doctor in a bit for a recheck.

Earl had talked to someone local about his school and whether he could continue with the shutdown.  They had originally said "yes", but due to something or other that came out yesterday, it's looking like he can't.  This will knock out $1008 a month for us, the portion of our budget that pays our groceries, gas, medical expenses (we currently have no medical coverage but were hoping to do Samaritan Ministries from this money as well if the shutdown hadn't happened), pet food, homeschool fees (which aren't much, but co-op, soccer, a field trip here and there) etc... .  I know God has provided time and again and am trying to rest in that, but I'll admit, the stress gets to me at times.

This afternoon we have 2 soccer games (U4 and U6, so Micah and Max) while the older kids have practice, then Mallory has an extra clogging practice for her homeschool co-op class at 4:45.  Luckily, the extra practice is being held at a church just blocks from our house which makes it much more convenient than it would have been elsewhere.

Dinner tonight is Italian Wedding Soup and homemade bread.

Catherine

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 10:34:42 AM »
Good morning ladies,

Janice, praying you don't get deluged in rain.
Cathy, goodness girl, you have had lots hit you this year. Praying for God to provide an answer.

I know I sound like a broken record, but we are having another beautiful day.  ;D

I cooked up a lot of food yesterday, so I shouldn't need to cook for a day or two. I made myself a mini chicken salad for breakfast (1 hard boiled egg, 2 oz. chicken breast, 1 tabl dill relish and 1 teas. mayo). It was really good and gave me a good protein breakfast. I think my sis-in-law was on to something. Since I have upped my protein intake, I am feeling better and the weight has started to come off again.  :D

I have some spaghetti squash with tomato sauce and lean beef for dinner. Then I will have a salad and shrimp stir fry for supper. That should do me. LOL I had  some unsweetened diced peaches and 6 pecans for a morning snack. Probably eat an apple and some peanut butter for an afternoon snack. Now that I have shared my daily menu with you all, I guess we can move on. LOL  ::)

I am working on a needle turn applique project at the moment. This is not my favorite craft and not my best, but so far it hasn't been too bad. I think the key for me is small projects. The thought of hand appliqueing a whole quilt, gives me the shivers. LOL I do like the look, so decided to get some practice.

Buddy got a bath yesterday. He is looking good after his trim and now smells good too. LOL I only give him a bath once a month. Poms can have dry skin, so over bathing is not recommended. He dislikes the bath, but is always so proud afterwards.  ;D

You all have a great day.

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline Rooney

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 01:14:35 PM »
Afternoon everyone.  So far today has brought school, mowing front yard, baking chicken for today and tomorrows meals and 4 loads of laundry.  Tonight I will dig through some of the hand-me-downs and see if I can't find some warm stuff for the littles.  Dh will be busy putting down carpet in the basement.  Still no signs of that snake.  DH found a hole in one of the corners of the wall and we went outside to look in this area, yep something could have gotten in. He caulked that up last night and we are hoping that with turning the basement inside out that the snake found his way out too. :)

Catherine, so sorry about the financial issues you have going on.  You do amaze me at how you manage to get everyone to all of their different activities at the right time. :)

Winona, had to laugh at the dog bathing.  Our idea of dog bathing is turning Bella (our buff cocker spaniel) outside with the kids, a hose and some shampoo. ;D  Oddly enough she seems to enjoy it and thinks it is playtime that way. ;)

Offline Andrea G

• no better thing under the sun
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 02:13:29 PM »
Good afternoon!  Just getting on here now.  I went and picked up my older son from school, he is home for the Thanksgiving weekend.  He doesn't have any classes on Fridays so that makes for an extra-long weekend.  This evening Julie has her creative writing class, so this will not be a very productive day.  We will be having tacos for dinner, easy and yummy!

Janice, I hope you are staying dry.  What strange weather you have been having.

Catherine, sorry to hear about all of these financial issues.  Praying that the shutdown will end soon.

Lindsay, that is how we like to bathe the dogs too.  One of them doesn't mind baths, but the other one just hates it.  So much easier if you make a game of it.

Winona, that is interesting about the protein.  I think I will have to try that. :)

Leah, hope you are getting lots of rest.  I bet the boys are loving having a new sister.

Hope everyone is having a great day! :)
Loving life in southern Ontario
Wife to David, Mom to Kate, Paul, Matt and Julianne

Offline wrancher

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 08:52:28 PM »
For all the people looking for frugal recipes, just using what we have is frugal. I am always looking on pintrest and looking under the category of food and drinks. You would be surprised of all the ideas you can come up with. I am always seeing some inspiration with things in my storage and maybe a little improvising. Sometimes I will type frugal recipes under pintrest or what ever I am trying to use up at the time.

Ya all are pry already doing that though. Just thought Id throw it out there

Janice