Author Topic: Wednesday, October 25  (Read 962 times)

Offline Cheryl

Wednesday, October 25
« on: October 25, 2017, 07:17:04 AM »
Good morning!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Cheryl

Re: Wednesday, October 25
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 07:39:26 AM »
I'm moving a little slowly this morning.  I got up at five a.m. to feed a very insistent cat then went back to bed until 7.  I got up and had my coffee and breakfast, now I am going over everything I need to do today.

We have the usual school work and animal care, and I need to organize my pantry.  My husband built new shelves to hold some of my canning jars, so I have been trying since the weekend to pull them from all the places I've had them tucked away and get them all together.  I had boxes of canned food in several rooms of the house and it's been nice to get them somewhat organized, but it's left me with some straightening up that I need to finish. 

Once I took the home canned foods from my pantry in the kitchen, I needed to get my other stuff in a little order on those shelves.  Now I can actually see what we have easily and won't be buying something I think we're out of just because I can't find it.  I hope to finish organizing that today, along with writing down what is in there and convincing people to mark an item off the list if they use it.

After that, it's getting all the empty boxes out of the house.  It seems like I always make a bigger mess trying to clean up another one!

Well, that's it for me.  Hope to hear from you all today.  Have a good day!

Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Re: Wednesday, October 25
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 08:52:53 AM »
Good Morning, Cheryl,

There's some sunshine today! It looks lovely outside though I haven't been out since this morning early when it was a bit chilly. I think it will be chilly from now on. But there seems to be a chance of rain every day in the 7 day forecast.

When I got home last night no one was home yet. I got to working on dinner--two meals--one for last night with leftovers and another for tonight or whenever someone needs food. I made a skillet taco filling for flour tortillas and that was the meal of interest last night. I also made a big pot of potato soup. I had a little of each last night and my lunch today is a serving of soup. I ran out of greens for my morning smoothie but I don't intend to get groceries until the weekend so I have to choose other things for breakfast.

I think hubby did laundry yesterday because when I went downstairs to get it going, I noticed it was all done. Not folded but at least it was done. We couldn't walk either last night. Two nights in a row of not walking. When winter comes we won't be able to walk at all and I just don't know what we're going to do.

Anybody watching Survivor? I decided we needed to watch that again since that helps us to relax. That's about the only show we watch other than news for a few minutes in the morning and sometimes Jeopardy. I used to watch Hell's Kitchen but I don't care to watch all the foul language and attitudes of the contestants. I did watch a bit of the other cooking show with kids (masterchef) and even the adult version was much better than HK. Since we only have antenna we're limited to the major broadcasts so that is very limiting in what we watch.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats