Author Topic: Monday, Oct. 30, 2017  (Read 844 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Monday, Oct. 30, 2017
« on: October 30, 2017, 07:43:05 AM »
What! Nearing the end of Oct. already?

It's raining here today. I just don't watch the forecast nearly enough but I didn't think it was going to rain today. I hear that tomorrow morning might have that white stuff. I hope not.

We had another busy weekend. I really wanted it to be a quiet one but it started out busy and ended busy. Why do my weekends go so fast?

I need groceries so I went Friday night hoping to have a casual Saturday but Aldi didn't have everything I needed so I headed to Meijer to finish the rest. We had a quiet morning but then my dad needed us to fix his Skype and that took a couple of hours. After that was home and making dinner. I just don't know what we did all day but I know we didn't go anywhere other than my parents. Sunday was church and dinner, a walk, church in the evening and done with the weekend.

We had a couple of good easy meals. Friday was a quick homemade teriyaki pork with noodles and veggies. Saturday was a homemade pizza and Sunday was a pot of chicken gumbo rice soup.

During this week a couple of dinners will be hamburger BBQ on buns, chicken sausages with onions and peppers, tater tot casserole.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Cheryl

Re: Monday, Oct. 30, 2017
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 09:26:46 AM »
Good morning!

Emily is working on math and I am playing around on my kindle.  It's hard to believe it will be November in a couple of days.  This year seemed to fly by!

We didn't do anything exciting over the weekend.  I took Emily to my mother's on Friday so she could spend the night there and go to my nephew's football game with my parents and sister.  On Saturday after picking her up, we went to the thrift store in a nearby town and looked around.  I found a couple of cookbooks, but that's about it.  Tony got a new belt and Emily found some pants like she'd been wanting.

Saturday evening we met up with one of Emily's friends so she could ride with them to a Halloween party.  We had a few hours to kill while waiting for the party to end.  It was in a town about 25 miles from here, so we didn't want to drive home then turn around and head back to get her.  We got a bite to eat, looked around in a couple of stores, and then just decided to sit in the parking lot and wait for the party to end and for the other girl's parents to drop Emily off. 

We stayed in yesterday, but Tony ended up going to try to help his dad with a problem with their well pump.  I started cracking and shelling some of the pecans I picked up.  I got a gallon bag filled, but my elbow is hurting today. 

Today will be spent at home.  I think I will make homemade pizza for tonight.  Either that or just warm up some of the leftover chili from yesterday.

Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn