Author Topic: Monday, Nov. 6, 2017  (Read 931 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Monday, Nov. 6, 2017
« on: November 06, 2017, 07:11:51 AM »
Good Morning!

Hoping you all had a nice weekend! It was a wet weekend for the most part. However, we did get our walk in every day!

I took Friday morning off for a pulmonary appt. because of a chronic cough last winter that lasted 5 to 6 months. I fortunately and thankfully don't have any lung issues. It seems to be more reflux related. Pills can help but diet changes can help. No caffeine, no chocolate, no spicy, no eating after 6 pm, no OJ or citrus. Hmmmm, I don't know what to do.

I then took the rest of the day off to go with my mom to take care of my sister in law. She is battling brain cancer and mom sits/cares for her every day but it is very long days for mom. So she asked me if I could come as often as I can on Fridays or Mondays. She has ladies from her church come Tues, Wed. and Thurs. but on one on Mon. or Fri.  It is really tough because my SIL is blind and her mental capacity has deteriorated to about the age of an 8 yr. old.

We were able to get our walk in on Fri. morning early, then Sat. morning early and Sun. afternoon at 4 pm.  All in between rain drops! Now we deal with darkness since the time changed. Not sure how we are going to deal with this.

We had some good meals at home this week though nothing special but just good. MIL had us over on Friday night since it was a long day that I wasn't home to make dinner. So she made chicken pot pie and had us over. That was so thoughtful. Other meals were a big pork roast that I cut up raw and divided into boneless sections to freeze and the bone cooked into a delicious broth that I made into a pork vegetable soup. The odd ends and pieces were made into a lo mein dish for Sunday. We are using Aldi's General Tsa sauce that is really good. I should go and buy a case of that stuff. The teriyaki sauce is good too.

Our dryer died last week and hubby tried to fix it but that didn't work so we called a repair man and he fixed it rather quickly. So that works nicely again. Not too bad of a price but we do budget for that kind of stuff.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Monday, Nov. 6, 2017
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 09:06:55 AM »
Good morning Alice and any others who might pop in.

Had a nice weekend.  Kind of low key.  Hubs was out of town for work until yesterday afternoon.

Saturday I finally took the time to defrost my freezer in the garage.  A pain of a job, but so glad it is done.  Watched my Michigan State Spartans beat Penn State.  Kind of surprising, but so good!

Yesterday I went up to visit my parents.  I hadn't seen them in a bit, and the had gotten new floors and furniture, and my mom wanted me to see that, so I went up.  She had been going through a lot of photos and stuff, so I was able to get a lot of pictures of ancestors.  I think I now have photos of all of my great grandparents and a couple of great great grandparents.  I was happy to get those.

Today I am waiting on my friend to come visit.  She was suppose to come Friday, but got sick, so we switched to today.  Suppose to go to a movie, get lunch and just visit.  Will be good to see her!

Hope everyone has a great day! Would love to hear what you are all doing.
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25